Cevno timed out...
Watson can pick his 2 players!
Cevno timed out...
Watson can pick his 2 players!
CricZo XI - 3 Draft Winner
Scorecard Draft (2010) V Sehwag, D Amiss, D Bradman (c), C Cowdrey, P Umrigar, A Faulkner, R Marsh +, M Marshall, W Hall, M Hughes, B O'Reilly
Alphabetical Draft (2011) S Watson, G Kirsten, D Bradman (c), K Sangakkara +, C Cowdrey, K Pietersen, A Flintoff, M Marshall, B O'Reilly, F Trueman, T Alderman
The Eras Draft (2014) V Trumper, A Morris, N Harvey, J Kallis, S McCabe, F Woolley, Imran Khan (c), J Dujon +, J Briggs, D Steyn, J Snow
4. Jacques Kallis (5)
6. Keith Miller (1)
10. Sydney Barnes (2)
"If that Swann lad is the future of spin bowling in this country, then we're ****ed." - Nasser Hussain, 1997.
Pre-WWII = Len Hutton
Post-WWII = Andy Roberts
- BenaudFortunately, tonight is a reminder that older people and older players have the opportunity to applaud all the good things done by the modern-day players – their ability to play outstanding attacking cricket, their flair and inspiration and innovation; and it’s a reminder also, in a quiet way, to the modern-day players that good things have happened before, that in every era there have always been cricketers who have served the game well and have loved it, and wanted to see it flourish
01. Len Hutton
03. Walter Hammond
08. Andy Roberts
09. Dennis Lillee
Burned a good Clause I know, but Roberts partnering Lillee with the new ball was simply too hard to resist. I'm not good with temptation.
May live to regret it.
Ricky Ponting - Dismissed as Part of Hat Trick
Was gonna take Len Hutton for my next Pick.
Will take Aubrey Faulkner instead now with the same clause (Debut before World war 2)
Michaelf7777777 - Garry Sobers (shares a name with a USA President)
watson - Wally Hammond (bowled Bradman)
kyear2 - Malcolm Marshall (played cricket in Aus, Eng & WI)
Jager - Imran Khan (played cricket in Aus Eng & WI)
Cevno - Richard Hadlee (batting avg between 25-40)
Himannv - Viv Richards (boxing day 100)
Eds - Keith Miller (played in Aus, Eng and WI)
Blakus - Joel Garner (shares a name with a USA president)
AndyZaltzHair - Glenn McGrath (played in Aus, Eng and WI)
Marcuss - Adam Gilchrist (shares a name with a USA president)
Monk - Fred Trueman (shares a name with a USA president)
kingkallis - Jack Hobbs (debut before WWII)
kingkallis- Curtly Ambrose (Aus, Eng and WI)
Monk- Waqar Younis (played FC for a team beginning with G)
Marcuss- Shane Warne (part of a hat trick)
AndyZaltzHair - Mike Procter (FC cricket for a team beginning with G)
Blakus- Hedley Verity (bowled Bradman in tests)
Eds- Jaques Kallis (boxing day century)
Himmanv- Harold Larwood (bowled Bradman)
Cevno- Alec Bedser (bowled Bradman)
Jager- Sachin Tendulkar (boxing day test scorer)
kyear2- Brian Lara (dismissed as part of a hat trick)
watson- Dennis Lillee (played in Aus, Eng and WI)
MichaelF7777- WG Grace (played FC cricket for team beginning with G)
Blakus- Ray Lindwall (played in Aus, Eng and WI)
Jager- Maurice Tate (bowled Bradman)
Monk- Vijay Hazare (bowled Bradman)
Marcuss- Graham Pollock (FC cricket for a team beginning with G)
Himmanv- Muttiah Muralitharan (dismissed as part of a hat trick)
kingkallis- Barry Richards (FC cricket for a team beginning with G)
kyear2- Bill O'Reilly (debut before WW2)
MichaelF7777- Bill Edrich (bowled Bradman)
Eds- SF Barnes (dismissed as part of a hat trick)
AndyZaltzHair- George Headley (debut before WW2)
Cevno- Ricky Ponting (dismissed as part of a hat trick)
watson- Len Hutton (debut before WW2)
watson- Andy Roberts (debut post WW2)
Cevno- Aubrey Faulkner (debut before WW2)
1. Boxing day century scorer (MCG)
2. Played FC cricket with a team starting with G (test player)
3. Select a player who has not been selected in both previous drafts
4. Someone who clean bowled Bradman in tests
5. Test debut before WWII
6. Played test cricket in WI, England and Australia (other countries permitted too)
7. Select a player with a test batting average of between 25 and 40
8. Select a player to debut post-WWII
9.Shares a surname with a US president/vice president
10. Select a female test cricketer
11. Select a player dismissed as part of a test cricket hat-trick
12. Select a batsman who played his highest amount of innings in a spot from 1-6 who was dismissed by Warne/Muralitharan
Last edited by Red Hill; 21-09-2012 at 02:01 PM.
03. Ricky Ponting
07. Aubrey Faulkner
08. Richard Hadlee
09. Alec Bedser
Should get a good balance now.
Any chance of the R5/R6 order?
Might be good considering the nature of this draft to finalise all the round orders now. It's going to get tricky to finish teams well if you aren't sure where you sit in the order in the last three or four rounds.
But either way, it's good fun!
Interesting distribution of clauses so far.
Yeah, was on my phone at the time though and searching for the various criteria's on that is a mess.Incidently Cevno, you could picked Hutton at the same time you visited the Domestic Indian Cricket thread and posted - 'Good innings by Robin Bist so far in the Irani trophy'.
Also, in any case i was torn between Faulkner and Hutton for different reasons and selected Ponting first so it didn't matter.
Clause: Dismissed as part of hattrick
1st Test: Pakistan v New Zealand at Lahore, Oct 9-13, 1976 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
3. George Headley
4. Javed Miandad
8. Mike Procter
11. Glenn McGrath
Originally Spoken by Brendon McCullum
You have got to earn the right to be aggressive.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)