• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Impressive Player 2003

Rich2001

International Captain
Langeveldt said:
Good thread, these guys have impressed me this year...

Paul Collingwood
I forgot him, I rate Collingwood highly and his one of these players that doesn't get massive media hype, but goes out and does the job required of him.

Wont be long until his a reqular in both forms IMO

Rich2001

International Captain
Just for your information I have got you some offical figures to see how your choices have matched up with the overall ranked players.

And there are some surprise additions/ommisions in these.

First - Top 10 TEST Batsman (Nov 2002 - 2003)

Attachments

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
From a West Indian perspective:

Chris Gayle
Brian Lara
Fidel Edwards
Omari Banks
Ramnaresh Sarwan (before the Zimbabwe series)
Corey Collymore
Wavell Hinds

Hinds appears to be coming of age, but it may just be him flattering to deceive yet again.

and Vasbert Drakes.

Drakes doesn't get enough credit. He's been the one West Indian bowler who has managed to consistently put the ball on a proper line and length over the past 12 months.

Rich2001

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Where did you get the stats from Rich?
Cricket 4 (aka Channel 4's site)

You can sort stats into everything you can think of and over any particular time lenght.

Stats link

Note it's a pretty slow site to load, so be ready to wait a bit (well home page is anyway)

PY

International Coach
Rich2001 said:
Note it's a pretty slow site to load, so be ready to wait a bit (well home page is anyway)
Ah the joys of LAN internet......loaded in under 2 seconds :P :D :saint:

Rich2001

International Captain
PY said:
Ah the joys of LAN internet......loaded in under 2 seconds :P :D :saint:
LOL actually it just appears to be the homepage that is slow... hopfully get some Broadband soon just to even the scores up a little :P

Langeveldt

Soutie
marc71178 said:
Most improved player - Ray Price?
I would agree, from being plucked out of nowhere much to being arguably the worlds best SLA is awesome... He has done well, and should continue to do so for Zim...

And I agree with Liam, and think Vasbert Drakes is a very under rated cricketer...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
This season I would say yes that Ray Price has been better than Daniel Vettori because he's taken more wickets.

Although Vettori never got a bowl when India toured here, he was easily the best spinner in India despite only taking a few wickets.

Eclipse

International Debutant
wow did not realise Ponting was avraging 85 thats impressive.

and Gayle is doing brilliantly in the ODI's

Rich2001

International Captain
Eclipse said:
wow did not realise Ponting was avraging 85 thats impressive.

and Gayle is doing brilliantly in the ODI's
Yeah he scored like 500 runs in 3 Tests in the WI... Continued the form vs Bangladesh and Zimbabwe

Eclipse

International Debutant
he did not do that much against bangladesh a fifty and 11 were his two scores i think.

I knew he was doing well but I though his avrage was only like 70-75 not 85.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Those stats are a tad misleading Rich, eing as they're over the last 12 months, rather than 2003 as a whole.

I believe Cricinfo offers calender year stats - Here you go

Interesting to see the 2003 form of SRW...