• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

UDRS discussed without a vote

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hey? I get the rest of your post, but how on Earth do India get any better or worse decisions than the rest of the teams?
That is the way it has panned out lately. For whatever reason. If anything goes against India Dhoni has a bitch at the umpiring. Oh and of course there was the disgraceful episode regarding a particular umpire they didn't like.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
No I agree they don't handle getting bad umpiring well. But I don't see how you can say they get a better rub of the green though.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No I agree they don't handle getting bad umpiring well. But I don't see how you can say they get a better rub of the green though.
I'd say it's worse than that, the BCCI don't seem to handle umpires who make a natural, human number of mistakes, let alone if they're not awesome. The accusation of bias is a bit too easily thrown around for my liking too.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I agree with that. Main point I'm referring to is I don't think India have had decisions especially go in their favour compared to other teams in the last 2 years or so. So I am querying what Scaly is referring to.

Unless I misread his original post. But I don't think I did. I'm pretty sure he's saying India's opponents are always getting ****ed over by the umpires. Would love to know his justification for that viewpoint.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Agree with Jono. I wouldn't say India have really benefited from poor umpiring recently. Having said that, I would enjoy India having a few howlers go against them.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Most of the mouthy Indian fans aren't exactly rational creatures,
Opposed to mouthy fans from other countries who are intellectually superior and think only in rational and unbiased manner? Really? Who would they be? I hate this type of ****ty generalizations. If you can't name them, don't generalize. If you think it's me, or Jono, or whoever it is, just name them and state your opposition we have at least the opportunity to reply instead of painting this broad brush.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Unfair comparison since you two are mouthy ****s in general about every single ****ing thing that exists. In the world. And the universe (including all the black holes).

While we're generalising, Aussies are the worst when it comes to losing, by itself enough for the average ****stick to toss their toys out the pram over. At least the worst Indian fans only really arc up if there's a bad decision or something. Pakistani fans only lose their **** when they win and English fans never lose their **** over cricket* (only football and the monarchy). West Indian fans lose their **** because they woke up, NZ'ers never had **** to lose in their first place and the Saffers are silent because they choked on their ****.

*GIMH excepted who is just a ****ing hoodlum.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Unfair comparison since you two are mouthy ****s in general about every single ****ing thing that exists. In the world. And the universe (including all the black holes).

While we're generalising, Aussies are the worst when it comes to losing, by itself enough for the average ****stick to toss their toys out the pram over. At least the worst Indian fans only really arc up if there's a bad decision or something. Pakistani fans only lose their **** when they win and English fans never lose their **** over cricket* (only football and the monarchy). West Indian fans lose their **** because they woke up, NZ'ers never had **** to lose in their first place and the Saffers are silent because they choked on their ****.

Haha, gun stuff.

smash84

The Tiger King

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

:thumbup:

intcricket

U19 12th Man
Yeah, lets blame everything on the Indians. All other boards are poor and cannot afford it without India's support. Has BCCI stopped any country from having it in their respective series? NO.

But the truth is, no one wants to pay for it and wants to rely on the Indian financial fund to bail them out. Only England and maybe Australia can pay for it and even after they do, it is funny to see them whining about it.

While I agree that our board is run by politicians who will save every penny there is, NO country called for a vote and it real mature to blame it on 1 country itself, which has, you guessed it right, 1 vote!

Lostman

State Captain

SL's getting ignored again ****ing pisses me off, just cause we are either drunk or stoned (or both) when we watch cricket doesn't mean we are non-existent.

Stumpcam

U19 Captain
Has BCCI stopped any country from having it in their respective series? NO.
Actually, I'm fairly sure that not all elements of the DRS system were available for the England v India Test series in 2011, because of India's objection to the use of certain technologies. Cost India a few wickets too, I believe.

doesitmatter

U19 Cricketer
Actually, I'm fairly sure that not all elements of the DRS system were available for the England v India Test series in 2011, because of India's objection to the use of certain technologies. Cost India a few wickets too, I believe.

Martin Crowe Inventor of 2020 supports BCCI ..now thats a first..BCCI does not look that bad after all..

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Lol Martin Crow inventor of T20.

Was around in the leagues for donkeys years before it got introduced at County level.

intcricket

U19 12th Man
To be honest, we deserved losing the wickets unfairly. I will concede that. But what many fellow Indians have a problem with is, blaming India for all the mess that ICC finds itself in. These boards keep barking at all times but they shut their trap the moment the money is discussed. BCCI did not ask any country to not put UDRS to vote.

Like Jesus Christ, we know the other countries are poor but its not our fault.

Martin Crowe Inventor of 2020 supports BCCI ..now thats a first..BCCI does not look that bad after all..
It is not. It has its concerns and frankly, we are used by other countries to address their own issues too.

doesitmatter

U19 Cricketer
These boards keep barking at all times but they shut their trap the moment the money is discussed. BCCI did not ask any country to not put UDRS to vote.
True its all money...boards need money to pay the overrated players and India, BCCI helps..remember the WI-ian greats who paraded behind Stanford until he was busted for a ponzi scheme..Money shuts everybody's trap including the players..

Last edited: