Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Salman Butt released early from prison

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar

Salman Butt released early from prison

So Buttocks has been released early due to being a foreign national. Fair decision?
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    only if he has to walk back home
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Can't come back for ten years, can we do that with the other two?
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Asif is still here appealing his ban so I think it's only if you are released before the bare minimum length.

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Ah, Amir been a young offender probably releases him from that anyway although I think he served the minimum.

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    You won't find many on here who are more inclined towards wishy washy liberalism than I am but I can't help feeling this makes a mockery of a system that was, slightly to my surprise I am embarassed to say, robust enough to sentence him to 30 months in the first place.

Now if he had to serve the balance of his time in a Pakistani jail, or even just some of it, then I'd probably take a different view ............

I really don't see the point of sentencing him for 30 months then releasing him early.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    You won't find many on here who are more inclined towards wishy washy liberalism than I am but I can't help feeling this makes a mockery of a system that was, slightly to my surprise I am embarassed to say, robust enough to sentence him to 30 months in the first place.

Now if he had to serve the balance of his time in a Pakistani jail, or even just some of it, then I'd probably take a different view ............
    it would have been nice to have him in a pakistani prison with the general inmates.

He might have gotten sodomized in prison though. Punishment enough I would think
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    cause butt sex is so bad

jan
    What does general public in Pakistan say to his return home? How is he regarded now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bun View Post
    Darn, at his age, I didn't know one needed to insert and ejaculate manship in womanship to create childship!
    aspiring social cricket player, left-handed batsman, grainy low-res streams watcher

News of his return might be overshadowed by the constitutional crisis on currently. He got lucky, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    yep....awta

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Disgraceful decision to let him out early. Should have served the full sentence in my view. Hopefully he will never play cricket again.

International Debutant Cruxdude's Avatar
    Looking at his comments after coming back it doesn't seem like he has grown any sense during his time in jail.

Eh? This seems to be a pretty open and shut use of the (English) early release system... I certainly wouldn't want to pay taxes for him to live in an Australian prison.

Butt is a non dangerous criminal and hence I see no problem with his early release. Prison as a punitive measure is poor use of public funds. Fwiw you also do the same thing with drug mules for example, I hardly think Butt's case is any worse.

Eta: This is NOT endorsement of him being able to return to cricket in any way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information