• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka A tour of Africa

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Chance to look at next generation of SL players.

Fixtures

1. Sun Jun 24 - Tue Jun 26, 09:30 local | 07:30 GMT, 13:00 IST Dolphins v Sri Lanka A, Kingsmead, Durban
2. Sat Jun 30 - Tue Jul 3, 09:30 local | 07:30 GMT, 13:00 IST, 1st unofficial Test - South Africa A v Sri Lanka A, Kingsmead, Durban
3. Sat Jul 7 - Tue Jul 10, 09:30 local | 07:30 GMT, 13:00 IST, 2nd unofficial Test - South Africa A v Sri Lanka A, Kingsmead, Durban
4. Fri Jul 13, 09:00 local | 07:00 GMT, 12:30 IST. Zimbabwe A Team Tri-Series South Africa A v Sri Lanka A, Harare Sports Club
5. Sat Jul 14, 09:00 local | 07:00 GMT, 12:30 IST, Zimbabwe A Team Tri-Series Zimbabwe A v Sri Lanka A, Harare Sports Club
6. Tue Jul 17, 09:00 local | 07:00 GMT, 12:30 IST, Zimbabwe A Team Tri-Series, South Africa A v Sri Lanka A, Harare Sports Club
7. Thu Jul 19, 09:00 local | 07:00 GMT, 12:30 IST, Zimbabwe A Team Tri-Series, Zimbabwe A v Sri Lanka A, Harare Sports Club

The squad:

1. Dimuth Karunaratne
2. Ashan Silva
3. Udara Jayasundara
4. Thilina Kandambi
5. Kaushal Silva
6. Roshan Silva
7. Kushal Janith Perera
8. Banuka Rajapakse
9. Angelo Perera
10. Sohan Borallessa
11. Malinda Pushpakumara
12. Kanishka Elvitigala
13. Nilanka Premaratne
14. Vishva Fernandes
15. Kosala Kulasekera
16. Sachithra Serasinghe
17. Jehan Mubarak

It's ****ing ridiculous that RMS Eranga cannot find a place in that squad. He is by far the best SL pace bowling prospect emerged lately.

Last edited:

Lostman

State Captain
Eranga is not in the 1st test squad, but I guess they have plans of drafting him into the 2nd or 3rd test. I hope:unsure:

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like selectsuckers have something against Randiv and Eranga. Otherwise they should be automatic choices. I think Dhammika Prasad and Welegedara are the stand in pacemen for 2nd and 3rd tests.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Pity they couldn't pop round to pound the daylights out of Kenya. Would be good to hook up associates with a few of these unofficial tests. Would build the associate and give the A team a nice confidence boost.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Once again selectsuckers at work. Not picking a pair of opening batsmen was a joke. Then not to pick two of the brightest youngsters in Rajapakshe and Kusal Janith was another blunder. No wonder SL A getting whipped.

FFS, pick a decent batsman to open, the go to player would be Kaushal Silva, and he can hand his gloves to Kusal Janith.

For second "test"

Dimuth Karunarathne, Kaushal Silva, Bhanuka Rajapakshe, Roshen Silva, Angelo Perera, Sachithra Serasinghe, Kusal Janith+, Kosala Kulasekara, Kanishka Alvitigala, Dhammika Prasad, PM Pushpakumara

would be the way to go.

Heboric

International Debutant
South Africa won the toss in the second unofficial test and sent Sri Lanka in.

Sri Lanka are 179/5

I am very patient when it comes to my teams/players I support but jeepers Wayne Parnell :wallbash:

Somebody must seriously have a talk with this guy

Heboric

International Debutant
Not been able to follow this. Is Bhanuka Rajapakshe playing?
Ooh im not sure but here is the Sri Lanka team thats playing:

FDM Karunaratne
MDK Perera
MDKJ Perera†
LPC Silva
ARS Silva
AK Perera
SC Serasinghe
CKB Kulasekara
KTGD Prasad
KG Alvitigala
WGHN Premaratne

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Once again selectsuckers at work. They added Kusal Janith oc course. But No Bhanuka Rajapakshe.

290/8 is an improvement.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Better result this time and Karunarathne has excelled with the bat. Feel for Prasad, who is the only SL pacer who carries bit of aggression when bowling. Ideally should have been bowling in Pallekele on that seaming track.

Paranavithana has to score a century. Otherwise he will lose his spot to Dimuth Karunarathne.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Losing to ZIM A is sort of a disgrace. And above all, Crapugedara gets a promotion to national side after getting two ducks.

MrPrez

International Debutant
SA cricket are hoping that Parnell will eventually do a Broad. He won't. Get rid of him ffs.