• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Pakistan

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Well the first of the One Day Internationals has started

and we have a few inexperienced players in our team.. but they have a chance to show what they got and hopefully do well.. as our batting really needs some new strength

and saying that

NZ are 156/3 (34.2 ov) R.R of 4.51

Sinclair just out for 55 in 76 balls well played by him getting his ODI chance again !

and debutant Hamish Marshall who plays for N.D back at home is on 44 in 62! good stuff from him hopefully gets his 50 and maybe 100 from there !

Craig

World Traveller
Harris has been dropped.

Walker, Jones, Marshall, Cumming, Mason and Walker are all making their ODI debuts for New Zealand.

Cumming and Jones put on 49 for the 1st wicket and good to see Marshall take his chance by making a half-century.

Cumming scored brisk 25 off 33 balls.

anzac

International Debutant
I know it's early but Jones may step aside for the 2nd match - 41 balls for 16 runs......

good to see Sinclair & Marshall both get 50s - best effort by the top order for a long time and the run rate is good at over 4 1/2....

it will be interesting to see how the bowling attack goes....

:)

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
NZ

291 AO at 5.82
brilliant stuff

I wish i could see Cairns bat ! 84 in 51 , 5 fours and 6 sixes good stuff from the captain !!! glimpse of his old self..!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Superb stuff from the NZ batsmen...especially by Sinclair, Marshall & Cairns.

Oram & Cumming also played a couple of handy innings.

Hopefully the bowlers will gain confidence from the good batting.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
That was Cairns at his absolute best...probably one of the best innings i've seen him play.

47.2 Danish Kaneria to Cairns, SIX, short in length, tossed up a bit,
Cairns goes back and clouts the ball over mid wicket for a huge
six
47.3 Danish Kaneria to Cairns, SIX, What-a-shot! Down the track, good
use of the feet, gets to the pitch of the ball and smack, sends
the ball high in the air and a big six over long off
47.4 Danish Kaneria to Cairns, SIX, another one! heaved away to mid
wicket for the third consective six of the over

Craig

World Traveller
I feeling this would happen. People like Cumming, Marshall etc would make a handy contribution.

Here is their opportunity and they will want to take it as when they get home, they might have some competition. This is only good for NZ cricket.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't really mind if Cumming is only reaching say 20 or 30 on this tour & then getting out..at least he is creating a platform unlike Nevin & Vincent for which the big hitters like Oram & Cairns can launch off at the end of the innings.

nibbs

International Captain
hmmmmmmmmmm

Some of the selections for this tour seem a bit pointless. I mean why take Wamsley who is 30 and Mason 29. Why not blood some young guns?

Kimbo

International Debutant
ok... well what pacers would you have taken???

might as well try to compete! these guys are established cricketers.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
New Zealand, find some death bowlers.

Pakistan needed 65 off 6.3 overs.

They did it in 4.3. Razzaq 47* (22b, 3x4, 2x6), Sami 17* (8b, 2x6)

godofcricket

State 12th Man
Really well played by Pakistan....its after a very long time i have seen them chase such a big total.....nearly all batsman performed well......a good team effort...well played :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sadly that might have been New Zealand's best chance of victory given the nature of their team.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Tim said:
That was Cairns at his absolute best...probably one of the best innings i've seen him play.

47.2 Danish Kaneria to Cairns, SIX, short in length, tossed up a bit,
Cairns goes back and clouts the ball over mid wicket for a huge
six
47.3 Danish Kaneria to Cairns, SIX, What-a-shot! Down the track, good
use of the feet, gets to the pitch of the ball and smack, sends
the ball high in the air and a big six over long off
47.4 Danish Kaneria to Cairns, SIX, another one! heaved away to mid
wicket for the third consective six of the over
I wish i had seen this great match. In India , Ten Sports were supposed to show it live but for some reason didn't show it

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah the in-experience of the bowlers really showed up at the end of the innings.

That type of loss will really sink the players, but I think they can be proud of their effort considering there were 6 debutants in the side.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh come on Neil, you know just as well that those players were up against it considering they haven't even started the domestic season yet.

Walmsley is probably not going to play for NZ again after this tour, i'd say he went because he wanted to go & so NZ picked him because there were others who were concerned.

Sure 65 off 4.5 overs is almost ridiculous but have a look at what NZ did in their innings, it was basically an identical situation..maybe Pakistan should get some death bowlers too.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Vish, we had the same problem down here with coverage. But I can't find out anywhere why we didn't see the cricket.