• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mohammad Yousuf or Younis (in tests)

Mohammad Yousuf or Younis (in tests)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MenInG

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Yousuf was clearly far far better in Odi's but who do you think has been the superior player in tests.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Yousuf was clearly far far better in Odi's but who do you think has been the superior player in tests.
Can someone explain to me the meanings of the names of Pakistan and other more middle eastern names? Seems to be a lot of "Khans", a lot of "Mohammeds" etc. And are there surnames and given names as such?

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
All Pushtoons are Khan's, which is a title. Khan is originally a Turkic word and it means lord. So Shahid Khan Afridi is a Pushtoon from the Afridi tribe and Imran Khan Niazi is a Pushtoon from the Niazi tribe. Same for Younus (don't know his surname).

A lot of Muslim countries like Pakistan, etc go by tradition to use Arabic names such as Mohammad or Younus, Yousuf, etc.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Youhana looks better while batting but has a few technical flaws. Younis is ungainly at times but gets the job done.

Actually, scratch all that..they're two aspects of the same coin, much like those two ****s Jayawardene and Sangakkara.

Flametree

International 12th Man
I think Yousuf was the better batsmen when at the top of his game - he had those insane couple of years when he was impossible to bowl to. Over the whole of their careers, it's fairly even.

If picking an all-time Pakistan side, I take Younis Khan as he can bat at number 3, which is something none of the other top Pakistanis seemed able to do.

MenInG

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
All Pushtoons are Khan's, which is a title. Khan is originally a Turkic word and it means lord. So Shahid Khan Afridi is a Pushtoon from the Afridi tribe and Imran Khan Niazi is a Pushtoon from the Niazi tribe. Same for Younus (don't know his surname).

A lot of Muslim countries like Pakistan, etc go by tradition to use Arabic names such as Mohammad or Younus, Yousuf, etc.
This threads not to talk about names its about who's better

slowfinger

International Debutant
I'd go for Younis purely for flexibility both at the crease and in the field, mind, they have both worked hard and deserve whatever they have achieved.

Flem274*

123/5
I'm heavily biased in favour of Younis because

1) He wasn't Iain O'Brien's punching bag
2) He's not a ****ing ****

My lasting memories of MoYo are him having no idea what to do against bounce in New Zealand and Australia, and elevating Umar Akmal on debut to number three ahead of himself in the fourth innings when he was the captain.

Gorgeous batsman though.

The strokes I mean.

Oh...

nvm.