• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in England 2012

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think the slowness has been depressing, the Oval is always a good batting track, but normally gives good value for shots, and means the bowlers can hurry it through a bit. Yet the weather has been a big factor this year, and maybe the saffies will bowl like they did yesterday.
Tbf, given all the rain in the lead up, they've done well to produce a strip at all, let alone one as dry as this.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tbf, given all the rain in the lead up, they've done well to produce a strip at all, let alone one as dry as this.

Oh, I'm not blaming the groundsmen, think they've done incredibly really, just can't be helped, utterly ridiculous summer, even for this country.

Still the forecast says it may be good for a while now, so let's hope things improve.

flibbertyjibber

To be honest the pitches in Asia get stick for being too flat but 12 wickets in 3 days deserves a bit of criticism regardless of the weather in the build up to game.

Could have left some green in it to help the bowlers a bit.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Someone, can't recall if it was wpd or grecian, said that SA won't cough up the freebie wickets that England did and I think that's been the difference between the two sides so far.

Strauss, Trott, KP & Ravi all effectively donated their scalps.

flibbertyjibber

Someone, can't recall if it was wpd or grecian, said that SA won't cough up the freebie wickets that England did and I think that's been the difference between the two sides so far.

Don't forget Bell and Bresnan too.

benchmark00

Bit harsh on Strauss there. First over of the day got one to come back in and hit him on the pads.

Stumpcam

U19 Captain

Yes, that has been the difference I think. South Africa has been batting very carefully, whilst too many of our batsmen got themselves out. I'd add Prior to your list as well.

Burgey

Strauss should do the right thing late in the day and give everyone a bowl. Himself, Herman Munster and Bellend with one over each, and Prior to finish off.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bit harsh on Strauss there. First over of the day got one to come back in and hit him on the pads.
Missed a straight one from where I sat.

Regardless tho, the point remains.

Dropping Hamish, stiff chance or no, hasn't helped either. Can't recall the Yarps missing any. Stuffing up a run out notwithstanding as that was England's **** up in the first place.

Burgey

Great performance by Amla batting through the day.

With SA having some good shot makers still to come, England is in for some nervous times late on day four and on day five, unless they take five for nothing tomorrow morning.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I may forget there's a Test match going on for a couple of days, it's sunny and there's alcohol that needs to be supped, so it's unavoidable I'm afraid....