• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in England 2012

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So what will the plan be then?

I'd say 250ish lead and declare just before tea tomorrow so even if England get 350 and you bowl them out you can have a 20/20 type thrash to chase down any target late on Monday.

Must admit I would have thought they would have tried upping the tempo more this afternoon as it does look flat.

Burgey

Just woke up....

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

"The new ballololololololololololololol is coming".

There's another ****ing one due about lunch tomorrow. Is that the one everyone was talking about?

flibbertyjibber

Just woke up....

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

"The new ballololololololololololololol is coming".

There's another ****ing one due about lunch tomorrow. Is that the one everyone was talking about?
It is. Will destroy them with that one lol

Burgey

It is. Will destroy them with that one lol
Haha, kudos on having a better sense of humour about these things than I do mate.

Jesus they must have batted well. In the fair dinkum department, it's a fine performance in anyone's book.

Smith will actually feel he's missed out here.

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
Full credit to saffers, batted brilliantly. England bowled very poorly though, could do with Finn to add more firepower.

Still all to play for though.

flibbertyjibber

Haha, kudos on having a better sense of humour about these things than I do mate.

Jesus they must have batted well. In the fair dinkum department, it's a fine performance in anyone's book.

Smith will actually feel he's missed out here.
They have batted brilliantly. We haven't bowled desperately badly just not looked like getting wickets. Not like they have really gone away with the game by scoring 4 an over anyway.

Sometimes you just have to accept that good batsmen bat well and there is nothing you can do about it.

After what I said tother day if I didn't show a sense of humour it'd be pretty pathetic.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I still think the most upsetting aspect of this is "pews was right", I mean it actually means all humanity from cricket is out the window, replaced by cyborg logic. Despair all ye who enter here :(

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Gotta say, this pitch is a bit ****e

Draw is the favourite, but if any side can bowl England out cheaply on this its probably Steyn and co.

Burgey

What sort of **** wakes up at 4am?
Just up for the usual 25 lap recovery session in the pool mate, after yesterday's 180km bike ride. Standard stuff when I'm in training.

Scottie killing it by five shots at The Open I see. Wait til the Shark calls Tonight to wish him luck. That'll do for him.

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Draw is the favourite, but if any side can bowl England out cheaply on this its probably Steyn and co.
I think the slowness has been depressing, the Oval is always a good batting track, but normally gives good value for shots, and means the bowlers can hurry it through a bit. Yet the weather has been a big factor this year, and maybe the saffies will bowl like they did yesterday, we'd be in trouble then.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Well on day 1 they looked ordinary too as we have. If the sun shines it looks like being very difficult to get anything.

Been surprised after the way the footmarks appeared so quickly on day 1 that they haven't really come into the game at all yet.