• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in England 2012

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Imran Tahir is so ordinary.......why the hell is he playing for SA?
Moreover few days ago he got coaching from Abdul Qadir; think he's a sort of legspinner who definitely need some help from the wicket to get going, will have to wait for England's second innings

Jayzamann

International Regular
Can see why the Brits wanted another test of this in lieu of some jamodi stompage. Gauging from this thread there's some sore forearms already and it's not even stumps on day 1.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
If England proceed to score 600/x declared and then bowl South Africa out twice cheaply, I think I'm going to cry.

Jacknife

International Captain
Rotating the strike very well these two.

Even with KP not scoring that quickly these 2 have been going at 5rpo the last 10.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can see why the Brits wanted another test of this in lieu of some jamodi stompage. Gauging from this thread there's some sore forearms already and it's not even stumps on day 1.
Well considering the amount of people slagging us off saying SA would win over the last few days we are entitled to aren't we?

SA playing to save the game from here, not a bad position to be in.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If England proceed to score 600/x declared and then bowl South Africa out twice cheaply, I think I'm going to cry.
Might happen, doubt it though. Think we would bat again and set them 500+ to give the bowlers a break. Doubt it will be that easy though anyway.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I reckon this is one of those 450-par Oval pitches, so a lot of work to do yet for the home side.

Saffers do look very flat tho.

Philander getting a wee monk on and bowling NBs at 75mph; not good signs.

& that's tripe from Tahir.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I reckon this is one of those 450-par Oval pitches, so a lot of work to do yet for the home side.

Saffers do look very flat tho.

Philander getting a wee monk on and bowling NBs at 75mph; not good signs.

& that's tripe from Tahir.
Philander and Tahir both look well short of top quality - one bowls too much crap and the other is nothing more than a decent medium pacer

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Saffies have a few leg-spinners in domestic don't they? Leie, Shamsi or von Berg, surely they've got to be better than Harris or Tahir.

smash84

The Tiger King
peterson and harris look better fare than Tahir atm

I seriously hope this doesn't go down the Ind-Eng series

Also the groundsmen could have been a bit more sporting in preparing pitches

Jayzamann

International Regular
Well considering the amount of people slagging us off saying SA would win over the last few days we are entitled to aren't we?
Quite. I remember watching cricket in the 00s I was never satisfied, always wanted more.

Plus as some other posters bring up occasionally, it's all the more sweet after the 90s for you lot.

Jacknife

International Captain
peterson and harris look better fare than Tahir atm

I seriously hope this doesn't go down the Ind-Eng series

Also the groundsmen could have been a bit more sporting in preparing pitches
The blokes had all on just keeping the bugger dry.