• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in England 2012

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not a joke, just out of form. Happens to all batsmen. He's in a slump, should have some time out soon and will come back strong.
Yea right. The best we'll get from him is mediocrity in ODIs because of the nature of that format - he'll remain utter turd in T20 and Test cricket. Expect another self-imposed exile from cricket sooner or later.

Ramprakash without the talent.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I've always been a big Sammy Patel supporter, but not convinced he's cutting the mustard just now either.

My XI (based on those in WC squad who're fit):

Hales
Lumb
Wright
Morgan
Bairstow
Kieswetter
Buttler+
Swann
Broad*
Finn
Dernbach

Giving Jos the gloves because, in all seriousness, I reckon we might need Kieswetter's offies as an option. Lack of bowlers amongst the batsmen is killing us.

Obviously Bres will play when fit (presumably for one of Finn or Dernbach) and Briggs may well come in for the other seamer in SL.

stumpski

International Captain
I've always been a big Sammy Patel supporter, but not convinced he's cutting the mustard just now either.

Hales
Lumb
Wright
Morgan
Bairstow
Kieswetter
Buttler+
Swann
Broad*
Finn
Dernbach

Giving Jos the gloves because, in all seriousness, I reckon we might need Kieswetter's offies as an option. Lack of bowlers amongst the batsmen is killing us.

Obviously Bres will play when fit (presumably for one of Finn or Dernbach) and Briggs may well come in for the other seamer in SL.
Why wouldn't you let Bairstow keep in that side though? At least he does it regularly for his county. The jury must still be very much out on Buttler I;d have thought, although clearly they've spotted something in him they like and he does have a very good domestic one-day record. He's lacked opportunitites for England it's true, but he got out to an awful half-witted heave today.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Hales
Lumb
Wright
Morgan
Bairstow
Kieswetter
Buttler+
Swann
Broad*
Finn
Dernbach

The 5th bowler is so much more important than the batsman at 7. I can't emphasise that enough. For me the first four bowlers pick themselves - if they're fit. The three available that won the last World Cup, then Finn because his raw ability is way ahead of anyone else. I'd then go Briggs for balance and because of where the World Cup is and I don't rate Dernbach.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Hales
Lumb
Wright
Morgan
Bairstow
Kieswetter
Buttler+
Swann
Broad*
Finn
Dernbach

Wright to open surely. Though 3 not a big difference I suppose. But I'd be giving him first crack at it.

Has Lumb learned how to do more than looking a million bucks then getting out for 15-20 yet?

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
yes given Wright bowled 10.4 overs in 10 games for Sussex it seems perverse to have him bowling 4 overs each game with no even part time alternative.