• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in England 2012

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How do you get to that conclusion ? Pietersen doesn't hit centuries very often, its once a year fluke, Cook is the main concern for SA. Where as Amla, Deviliers, kallis and smith all do it far more often, but there simply is just not time left, Nah, i reckon draw is a given. Last match will be the big one.

But either way, England cant win now, they can only hope to draw the series...
You misspelt Petersen. Virus will do if you have trouble differentiating the two any further.

The game situation makes it much more likely for England to win than South Africa. Par score 300 or so. You need a fairly unusual low total, if that happens say 1 in 5 times. Then England would resultantly win 4 out of 5 times chasing said low total. 80% draw, 16% England win, 4% SA win. That is based on a very simplistic approach, but it gives you the gist of things.

Spark

Global Moderator
Finn's control of length is comically bad.
It really is. Easy to see why he's gunned in ODIs because he goes full bore and his height makes him seriously awkward to try and work around, but he seriously needs to learn how to pitch an over's worth of deliveries in one place.

Jacknife

International Captain
Bresnan bowling some pies thus far.
Yep not what we expect from him but happening a bit more since his injury, don't get me wrong he's bowled alright this summer and he does do all the donkey work and adds balance to the side but still.

Ideally for the next Test I'd have Tremlett back in but I don't think he's Test fit yet and Onions is next in line

Obviously at Lords Swann's back and then it's going to be how to balance the side.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Currently cursing myself for not niping to the shop earlier, cos I nearly had to swim home, think day's gonna be called off if it hits the pitch.

kingkallis

International Coach
I think I still prefer Onions. His line and length made the batsman play more than the likes of Finn or Bresnan...

Jacknife

International Captain
Hmm dunno, it stayed away long enough for us to know England's attack isn't good enough to win this one.
Think they are good enough and things can very quickly change here, only needs a few of those play & misses or edges to go our way and it would be game on, especially with SA's injuries and the fact England can bowl better than they have so far.

Last edited:

Jacknife

International Captain
You also said ' Pietersen doesn't hit centuries very often, its once a year fluke', swings & roundabouts eh?;)

Hopefully we might get on for the last couple of hours.

Last edited: