• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in England 2012

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maybe Finn needs to get the umpire to stand really close to the stumps to force him to bowl a little wider of the stumps. That or he'll knock the umpire over a la Colin Croft.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
But you can just keep knocking the stumps over ffs. Apart from anything else he'll hurt himself one day, and it just looks ********. Fmd there's a whole crease there. Use the ****ing thing. It's like having a no ball problem. Fix the ****ing thing.
Yup. Pains me to say it, but you're dead right.

As I said earlier, clearly they've been doing a less than stellar job at his county.

Burgey

As I said earlier, clearly they've been doing a less than stellar job at his county.
Well it's a shame, because the bloke is developing into a potentially very fine bowler otherwise. Tall and pacy. Looks too much like an accountant and needs more aggro, but that aside he's a fair bit to offer. You'd think they could fix it, hopefully.

Jacknife

International Captain

They moved him over to sort out his falling over problem that he had and at the same time get him close to the stumps to bowl wicket to wicket all this has caused this latest problem though, swing & roundabouts.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Either way it doesn't matter, Smith in 2 previous instances moaned to umpire at it from non striker end. Umpire made the right call. if according to you lot it doesnt bother the batsman, why did smith twice moan about it ?
Because he's a precious moaning arsewipe who will stoop to that sort of level to gain an advantage.

You could pretty much call a dead ball for anything - bowler pulls a hideous face on delivery, twitches their non-bowling arm. It's ridiculous.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Because he's a precious moaning arsewipe who will stoop to that sort of level to gain an advantage.

You could pretty much call a dead ball for anything - bowler pulls a hideous face on delivery, twitches their non-bowling arm. It's ridiculous.
Shahadat Hossain's grunting could be an interesting one.

Burgey

And aws the big 'tard does it again! No outrage here, of course, because the batsman was denied some runs ....

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
They moved him over to sort out his falling over problem that he had and at the same time get him close to the stumps to bowl wicket to wicket all this has caused this latest problem though, swing & roundabouts.
Yeees - but have you seen any other bowler struggle to deliver the ball without falling over or brushing the stumps? Obviously I understand the need to get close to the stumps but this should have been sorted years ago.

Jacknife

International Captain
Yeees - but have you seen any other bowler struggle to deliver the ball without falling over or brushing the stumps? Obviously I understand the need to get close to the stumps but this should have been sorted years ago.
It might be something that he hasn't developed till late and as we know the hitting stumps thing has only been the last year or so but it needs sorting and Angus Fraser said they've been working with him on it.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Genuine question - do we think Jimmy's average will ever fall below 30? Two more tests against this lot and a series in India won't help.

Heboric

International Debutant

Boo hoo sniff sniff. Just like Strauss not allowing a runner in the Champions Trophy...

uvelocity

International Coach
Well it's a shame, because the bloke is developing into a potentially very fine bowler otherwise. Tall and pacy. Looks too much like an accountant and needs more aggro, but that aside he's a fair bit to offer. You'd think they could fix it, hopefully.
tatts obviously the answer

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Genuine question - do we think Jimmy's average will ever fall below 30? Two more tests against this lot and a series in India won't help.
I think it fell below 30 in the first Test after he got Petersen out. There was certainly a discussion about it then anyway and it was brought up that he took a Michelle on debut so it started low.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
It might be something that he hasn't developed till late and as we know the hitting stumps thing has only been the last year or so but it needs sorting and Angus Fraser said they've been working with him on it.
tbh I hadn't realised that the stump-hitting was a relatively recent phenomenon.

Still think it's nonsense though.