• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in England 2012

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Seems like I chose the best weekend to miss the cricket! No words for how abysmal this is, clearly back to our old ways. Couldn't have asked for two better players to rip a hole through us though, Steyn and Amla WAGs.

Can't say i'm going to enjoy watching the highlights much . :(

Jacknife

International Captain
Even while England have been a decent side, when they lose they don't half do it in style, no short measures with this lot.

Spark

Global Moderator
If people are going to use this thread and this result to start beating their drums, having not contributed to it at all until now and just push their own little agendas, then I would advise them strongly to think again.

Jacknife

International Captain
No, but a few England fans have claimed Jimmy is much closer to him than he is etc...
Still don't think he is, Steyn the better never in doubt but Jimmy has been a close second.
Just like when people doubted Steyn in the first inning I wouldn't suddenly say Jimmy's much worse, first bad test in ages.

Ruckus

International Captain
Anderson's good and can do basically anything with the new ball, but he lacks the consistent intensity and aggression that puts Steyn in a different class.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm kind of hoping England somehow erase the deficit and set SA one or two to win, just for the comical pointlessness of it all.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anderson's good and can do basically anything with the new ball, but he lacks the consistent intensity and aggression that puts Steyn in a different class.
Yeah, hate to say it, but this innings has shown that, at times, he can just use his agression and personality to get wickets, not sure Jimmeh has that in him.

Philander has been fairly unlucky after the first day, really deserved better.