• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in England 2012

Spark

Global Moderator
I wouldn't bother tbh; I think it'd just result in Kallis scoring a lot quicker than he's managing currently by slamming Bopara to cover every ball at the moment.
It's really quite amusing just how much effort he's putting into every shot for such little result.

smash84

The Tiger King
Swann's bowling average currently just under 30 is a true reflection of him. I think his average will settle somwhere near 31 around the end of his career

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Reckon Strauss should be careful with over bowling Bopara. Although he is batting at six so I might be being over cautious.

The bowlers got them into this so they need to take their medicine. Unless you can find a batsman who can just bowl little spinners.

Spark

Global Moderator
Fail to see the comparison. How does subbing Broad for Philander lose anything other than a little tail end batting?
You pick the eleven players that gives you the best team, not the best eleven cricketers you have. Philander having a marginally better bowling record than Broad in the comparable time does not count the fact that in roughly the same time Broad's batting has been far more significant - and it's not a little thing either - and has won England two Test matches and kept them competitive in another.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The media really are so much keener on Bopara than the fans, aren't they?

I can understand the argument that he deserves a go after being the Test reserve for so long and (finally) performing in the last ODI series; that's all well and good. But better than Rudolph? Really? And unanimously so in the com box? Eh.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Reckon Strauss should be careful with over bowling Bopara. Although he is batting at six so I might be being over cautious.

The bowlers got them into this so they need to take their medicine. Unless you can find a batsman who can just bowl little spinners.
There is KP. Then again, he's KP.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The media as a whole really is so much keener on Bopara than the fans, isn't it?

I can understand the argument that he deserves a go after being the Test reserve for so long and (finally) performing in the last ODI series; that's all well and good. But better than Rudolph? Really? And unanimously so in the com box? Eh.
Tbf, it's Rudolph