• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in England 2012

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surprised this is only his second double ton, given he loves to dig in. (then again, Kallis.......)

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
It's a good question. I've often wondered a similar thing with wides in one dayers. Could the fielding team review a wide because they know it hit some part of the leg? They may lose the review but save the wide?
It's possible I guess, however I doubt any team would want to lose a review on it. One run vs. a review, in general play, is a no-brainer. If you get down to the 50th over and get into a position where that one run is vital, very rarely does a side have a review left.

benchmark00

This innings reminds me of Australia vs India at the SCG.

Clarke Ponting put on a big partnership then Hussey came in and subtly made a ton while Clarke continued.

Flem274*

123/5
My understanding of it has always been the adjective before the subject - so RFM would mean a faster version of medium, whereas RMF would mean a more moderate version of fast.

The subject dictates terms, as fas as I'm concerned. I could be completely wrong though; although there is very little in it.

RM -> RFM -> RMF -> RF
It should work that way but it doesn't. Compare the speeds.

RM -> RMF -> RFM -> RF

Shane Bond is RF, Mark Gillespie is RFM and Kyle Mills is RMF.

amanuensis

U19 12th Man
Depends how long he bats for, if he bats through to the declaration he may be tired and not bowled today. he is the veteran of the side after all so they do need to look after him a touch.

Think they will declare around tea anyway with a 250 lead.
They should declare just before tea - enough time for Morkel to take out his favourite bunny.

Spark

Global Moderator
Remember that this is a first innings. We should be declaring based on time left, not runs ahead.
When you're in this position, you should be looking to bat once and use up as much of the 'good' batting time as you can.

This innings reminds me of Australia vs India at the SCG.

Clarke Ponting put on a big partnership then Hussey came in and subtly made a ton while Clarke continued.
Does feel that way, one massive partnership followed by another more massive one. I don't think England's bowling/fielding/mentality has deteriorated anywhere near as much as India's did, mind, which is why the RR is still 3 and not 4 as it was in that Test.

longtom

School Boy/Girl Captain
My understanding of it has always been the adjective before the subject - so RFM would mean a faster version of medium, whereas RMF would mean a more moderate version of fast.

The subject dictates terms, as fas as I'm concerned. I could be completely wrong though; although there is very little in it.

RM -> RFM -> RMF -> RF

This. He's been absolutely incredible at it. He's developed as a batsman though, so he now knows his game and can innovate from any position - he's almost a soft dismissal-less Mark Waugh.

Only KP would be anywhere near as threatening in a 2/400 position, IMO.
It should work that way but it doesn't. Compare the speeds.

RM -> RMF -> RFM -> RF

Shane Bond is RF, Mark Gillespie is RFM and Kyle Mills is RMF.
I was always thinking along the lines of rvd. It just sounded logical. Then - as we see and Flem illustrates - it doesn't always follow that logic.

which brings me to tthe next question. Who is the one dishing out these labels anyway?

Hash - my man. Boy he is good - just good. Poetry ....

bombay_bomber

School Boy/Girl Captain
Having watched the SCG Test live over the five days, the weather had a big part to play in the disintegration too... I carried sunburns from that game over the next few months...Don't think the Oval is going to heat up anywhere near...heat wave or not

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Having watched the SCG Test live over the five days, the weather had a big part to play in the disintegration too... I carried sunburns from that game over the next few months...Don't think the Oval is going to heat up anywhere near...heat wave or not
India is pretty warm...

benchmark00

I went to the first three. Spent the first two getting baked in the O'Rielly then on the third moved up to the Trumper when the sun came across.