• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in England 2012

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Given ABdV is coming in next, I wouldn't be surprised to see him being given the instruction to have a crack while the ball is still old. If South Africa can get a move on in the middle session, they could conceivably give themselves a full 4 sessions to bowl England out.

Spark

Global Moderator
ABdV is basically the last guy you'd want coming it at 2/400 as an opp bowler. I gave him a bit of **** for it a month or two back, but he really is amazing at scoring at a crazy rate when the bowling pressure is off and quick runs are the order at the day.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Is there any chance of good bowling conditions arriving later on? That may well dictate when they declare.

They'd probably sacrifice an extra 50 runs if they got the ideal conditions for Steyn etc.

longtom

School Boy/Girl Captain
following the cricket on CricInfo only. They categorise bowlers. One would be rfm (which I reckon is right fast medium) and the other as rmf (right medium fast).

Since I am suurounded by Gurus ,,,, could somebody explain to me the difference as it shows in real cricket?

Thank you.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Nah disagree on Kallis. If they bowl 20 overs I think you'd be silly not to give him 3-4.

Shouldn't bowl the last or second last though
I wouldn't say silly. If I were CSTA (Anderson the nightwatchy) I would much prefer to face Kallis late at the end of the day.

Would require ABdeV to tee off from the get go fo that
Yeah or perhaps Duminy to play a one day style cameo. If he's ever going to make runs it would be in this sort of situation. I also expect Amla to up the rate when/if he reaches 200.

Riggins

International Captain
If an lbw is given not out, batsmen run a leg bye. Then there is a review and it turns out the batter hit it, then does he get the run?

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If an lbw is given not out, batsmen run a leg bye. Then there is a review and it turns out the batter hit it, then does he get the run?
It's a good question. I've often wondered a similar thing with wides in one dayers. Could the fielding team review a wide because they know it hit some part of the leg? They may lose the review but save the wide?

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
following the cricket on CricInfo only. They categorise bowlers. One would be rfm (which I reckon is right fast medium) and the other as rmf (right medium fast).

Since I am suurounded by Gurus ,,,, could somebody explain to me the difference as it shows in real cricket?

Thank you.
My understanding of it has always been the adjective before the subject - so RFM would mean a faster version of medium, whereas RMF would mean a more moderate version of fast.

The subject dictates terms, as fas as I'm concerned. I could be completely wrong though; although there is very little in it.

RM -> RFM -> RMF -> RF

ABdV is basically the last guy you'd want coming it at 2/400 as an opp bowler. I gave him a bit of **** for it a month or two back, but he really is amazing at scoring at a crazy rate when the bowling pressure is off and quick runs are the order at the day.
This. He's been absolutely incredible at it. He's developed as a batsman though, so he now knows his game and can innovate from any position - he's almost a soft dismissal-less Mark Waugh.

Only KP would be anywhere near as threatening in a 2/400 position, IMO.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah disagree on Kallis. If they bowl 20 overs I think you'd be silly not to give him 3-4.

Shouldn't bowl the last or second last though
Depends how long he bats for, if he bats through to the declaration he may be tired and not bowled today. he is the veteran of the side after all so they do need to look after him a touch.

Think they will declare around tea anyway with a 250 lead.