• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in England 2012

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You are seriously beyond belief.
meh, he's the forums blighty troll, surely the country deserves one at least, just do what I do to trolls, pretend they're actually sensible and kill them with barely sarcastic comments, all the time wondering if anyone actually "gets" your humour and if it would be better if the interweb just could ignore

BeeGee

International Captain
meh, he's the forums blighty troll, surely the country deserves one at least, just do what I do to trolls, pretend they're actually sensible and kill them with barely sarcastic comments, all the time wondering if anyone actually "gets" your humour and if it would be better if the interweb just could ignore
Nice. I get your humour.

Impressive batting from SA today. Amla is a batting machine.

amanuensis

U19 12th Man
Crikey talk about negative. New ball due around drinks. Couple of quick wickets and pressure back on them as they would still be over 100 behind and know they would have to bat last. The way you are talking SA are already 1-0 up.8-)
Looks like I was spot on! England up the proverbial creek without a paddle - lots of batting to come, but no Brigadier Block. Instead the flake from Essex is on a pair, as indeed is Strauss, who's basically Morkel's bunny (92-7 over the course of 13 innings). Funnily enough Vaughan was Steyn's bunny & we all know what happened to him 4 years ago.

Stumpcam

U19 Captain
Looks like I was spot on! England up the proverbial creek without a paddle - lots of batting to come, but no Brigadier Block. Instead the flake from Essex is on a pair, as indeed is Strauss, who's basically Morkel's bunny (92-7 over the course of 13 innings). Funnily enough Vaughan was Steyn's bunny & we all know what happened to him 4 years ago.
Well, apparently you can see the future. So can you tell me what the next Euromillions lottery numbers will be please?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You're not seriously suggesting that England aren't in a big hole now?
We are yes but the way the pitch is playing and with 2 days of bright sunshine forecast we should be able to save the game by batting 4 sessions or however long we need to to draw the match.

Valer

First Class Debutant
On the "Road" comments, I'd like to point out that Philander was getting serious seam -- not something that relies on overhead conditions.

Stumpcam

U19 Captain
I feel that England should of been more pro-active when it came to selecting Finn or not. It's pretty obvious that he's the form quick in the England set up atm.
I guess that the management must have been more concerned about SA's bowlers taking wickets than with us prising their batsmen out, and so went with Bresnan because of his batting potential.

Finn should be opening the bowling with Anderson, and Bresnan sent back to the county game to regain his pre-operation form because he's not the same bowler now. Finn bowls faster and from a higher starting point, so is a good strike option - and he almost always gets wickets.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
We are yes but the way the pitch is playing and with 2 days of bright sunshine forecast we should be able to save the game by batting 4 sessions or however long we need to to draw the match.
So the predictions before series started that England going to win 2-0 (One Test getting washed away due to weather) has come down to England batting it out to save the 1st test? 8-)

benchmark00

Certainly doesn't look as good in 2012 as he did in 2010. Is the elbow hampering him or just a loss of form? Nowhere near the bowler he was back then at present.
I wasn't watching him that closely today, but in the last six months when I have paid attention to him his action is nowhere near as complete as what I've seen before. Just seemed to be get up there and shouldering the ball to the other end.

The Saffer boys just played him with ease. Used the back foot nicely in particular. Swann bowling too fast for the pitch for mine too. Needs to slow it and let it grip more, which will allow for more bounce also.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Bresnan visually just looks a different bowler to the one capable of bouncing out the Indians last summer. Getting nothing out of his run up and seems to decelerate when approaching the crease.

flibbertyjibber

So the predictions before series started that England going to win 2-0 (One Test getting washed away due to weather) has come down to England batting it out to save the 1st test? 8-)
Well being honest anyone saying England will win from here is a fool so to avoid losing then a draw isn't a bad result from here is it?

Honestly some people are so gormless and you are one of them.8-)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Bowl out Saffas for a lead of 120, score 300 at 4 rpo, bowl them out for 67 in the final session.

1-0 to England.

If this doesnt happen I will have Virat Kohli in my avatar until October.

Thanks.