• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in England 2012

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I may forget there's a Test match going on for a couple of days, it's sunny and there's alcohol that needs to be supped, so it's unavoidable I'm afraid....
My plan is to drink until I'm convinced we have a chance.

Currently on my tenth and still think we're fecked, so ploughing on. :cheers:

jan

State Vice-Captain
Watched almost the whole day and though I cheer for SA in this series I was a bit dissapointed by how much amlabearded England was.

Also I wonder how much kilos do Smith and Kallis have together? :)

stumpski

International Captain
After three days and 260 overs we've yet to see a fielder take a catch. :huh:

Seems odd having the first Test at the Oval, I know they wanted to avoid a London Test during the Olympics but playing on a road like this is just going to tire the bowlers. We'll badly need some fresh legs for Headingley.

Don't think I'll bother watching the highlights tonight tbh.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Love the way how Amla quietly goes about his business. No media coverage, no boasts or predictions, just scores runs. Great player, and he is probably fasting as well.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I'd go the same. Possibly Taylor for Ravi but it is only a matter of time till Finn replaces Bresnan as much as I love Bres it is clear Finn is the long term class option.
And I'd be tempted to give Finn the new ball with Broad first change.

I suspect they won't drop Bopara after one poor test, even if he fails in the 2nd innings as well. But clearly the manner of his dismissal yesterday means the axe is being sharpened unless he shapes up at some point soon.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I feel that England should of been more pro-active when it came to selecting Finn or not. It's pretty obvious that he's the form quick in the England set up atm.

jboss

Banned
Is there any legal way to watch this series online through services similar to the one provided by cricket Australia?

Stumpcam

U19 Captain
And I'd be tempted to give Finn the new ball with Broad first change.

I suspect they won't drop Bopara after one poor test,
even if he fails in the 2nd innings as well. But clearly the manner of his dismissal yesterday means the axe is being sharpened unless he shapes up at some point soon.
If they drop Bopara it won't be after just one poor test - he has had many chances to secure his Test spot but failed almost every time.

BeeGee

International Captain
Well that was day 1 and it is now deep into day 3 and nothing is happening. With weather set fair England should be able to bat out a draw comfortably as SA looked a bit naff on Day 1 too.

Maybe this pitch is just too good and the overhead conditions played a huge part in the collapse yesterday. Soon find out but I not taking anything away from Amla and Smith as they have batted superbly as did Cook on day 1.
You are seriously beyond belief.

Jayzamann

International Regular
Is there any legal way to watch this series online through services similar to the one provided by cricket Australia?
There's pretty good session highlights packages on the ECB website, like what CA uploaded to youtube over summer.