• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which players should've played more??

MrPerko

School Boy/Girl Captain
Who do you think are the unluckiest guys in domestic cricet who should've played more for their country??

Aussie names that come to mind include those of Michael Bevan (in Tests) and Darren Lehmann (probably more of both forms), but I'm sure there are heaps out there... (probably half of the Australian domestic competition). And which international players have been given too much lee-way at times and should've made way for other players (I think Mark Tayor - but that's just my opinion).

Kimbo

International Debutant
I noticed that while Pakistan was in NZ a while ago Mushtaq Ahmed wasn't given much of a chance- and when he was he ripped us to shreds (thats not very hard i know... but still...) I don't know much about his past but I really rated him as a leggie.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Robert Turner

All the Aussie guys whou would have played 60+ tests for any other country in the world, but haven't played any.

How about making Australia A a Test Nation?

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's right, the B&H finals in the 1994-95 season were indeed played between Aus and Aus A. It's when Greg Blewett came to prominence as a potential Test player. He smacked a hundred in one of the one-dayers and well the rest is history.

As for who should have played more, well I reckon THE most obvious choices have and always will be Barry Richards and Graham Pollock. Geez, could you imagine watching Pollock smack the West Indians of 70's around? The battle between him and Andy Roberts or Dennis Lillee or Michael Holding or Thommo or Bedi would have been sensational!

And I agree about Alex Tudor but when he was quick. :D Seriously, what has happened to him? He used to bowl at a thunderous pace but now...........

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Didn't S.A get kicked out coz of da apartheid?
Yes the world didn't react too well to Vorstor's apatheid at all. So it was decided that SA would have to pay the price for having a balantly racist system in place (a lot of other countries were hypocritical in this but their racism was less institutionalised and let's face it - England and Australia haven't the best human rights records. Why, for example, were Australia never punished for our White Australia Policy? Stolen generation?).

Hence, the rest of the world decided they wouldn't tolerate apartheid, yet continued to trade with SA...............

yea i remember when he started of he was a mean bastmen too in his starting tests
I saw it live too but I have footage of him getting 80-odd in the Bradman XI vs World XI tribute match. At 54, he was awesome still and smacked everyone around. I get the feeling watching him play in that match that he had a point to prove. He betted so damn well, Bill Lawry in the commentary box described what he was saying as "a new nightmare", from when he was captain of Australia when they were slaughtered in SA in the 70's.