• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Any one knows this?

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
What is the usual contracted amounts for Aussie players? Where could I find this?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It varies quite substantially depending on their profile and what forms of the game they play. The CA web site will have a list of the contracted players but I'm pretty sure it (quite rightly) doesn't list the amounts they're paid. You get some media reportage of it. Google search may get some mentions of the likes of Clarke etc and what they're on.

TNT

Banned
I remember reading somewhere that the lowest paid contracted Australian player earns around $200,000 and the top players ( Clarke, Ponting, Watson, Hussey ) earn between $1.2 - $1.5m. Although Ponting may now earn less after being dropped from the ODI team.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, something like this.

I remember that, around the mid/early 2000s it was about $150 000, because no state player could be paid more than an Australian contracted player. But Matthew Elliott and Michael Bevan took on "assistant coach" roles so that they could get extra payment above what was could be provided for players.

Debris

International 12th Man
Rumour floating around at the moment that Ed Cowan won't be one of those contracted players.