• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I don't actually hate Bopara thread

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
what it says on the tin, Scaly not welcome.

I'm not expecting a lot of posts tbh.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I've softened over the last three years but the thought of him bating against Saffa fills me with dread.

Can't go much worse than the last two number sixes mind. Any chance of Colly coming back?

grecian

I've softened over the last three years but the thought of him bating against Saffa fills me with dread.

Can't go much worse than the last two number sixes mind. Any chance of Colly coming back?
injured, past it and still ginger I'm afraid.

Pothas

How could you hate Ravi?

Has always been pity if anything with a slight hint of amusement.

fredfertang

There are several I'd pick above Bopara tbh, but I suppose he's earned another go - and if he does get the gig I sincerely hope he proves me wrong

grecian

There are several I'd pick above Bopara tbh, but I suppose he's earned another go - and if he does get the gig I sincerely hope he proves me wrong

Yeah, he has scored runs this year, so he has done what's asked, if he get's the gig, and things **** up he'll be in prime form and no excuses, then we can draw a line through him and look elsewhere.

Whether that be Compton, Stokes, Patel, Hildreth, Taylor or whomever.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Don't mind Ravi at all to be honest. He wouldn't be my pick for the number 6 spot, but he probably deserves another go. And he gets way too much stick from fans, a lot of whom are on here.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I am expecting him back in the side for the SA series, hope he takes the chance, not sure he will.

For the record I was worried it was a year to early for Bairstow and wanted Taylor anyway.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Have always found him likeable, though I have veered wildly in where I actually rate him. Back when everyone hated Ian Bell I had a personal agenda not to have an opinion on him and have since taken the same attitude with Ravi the test batsman.

I do rate his mediums though.

Jacknife

International Captain
I am expecting him back in the side for the SA series, hope he takes the chance, not sure he will.

For the record I was worried it was a year to early for Bairstow and wanted Taylor anyway.
Yes most Yorkshire fans wanted him to just keep playing the one day stuff for England, while developing his first class cricket for us. A couple of months ago on Sky, Moxon was asked if he'd mind if he got picked for tests and he said ideally not, not for another year or two but if he did he wouldn't mind.

Personally still think Compton would do the best job against the SA's but if Ravi gets the nod, I hope he has nails it.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Always liked Bopara. Kind of ambivalent as to whether he's the answer to England's middle order issue, but as a bloke he seems pretty likable.

Woodster

International Captain
I have bored people with my thoughts on Bopara in several various threads in months gone by, and wouldn't dream of droning on again, suffice to say I am a big fan of Ravi and believe he does deserve another opportunity to prove once and for all if he can cut it at the very highest level, I believe he can.