• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I don't actually hate Bopara thread

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
If he's going to succeed anywhere as an ODI player it's going to be at #4.
Well there you go then. If his best spot is 4 then he shouldn't be near the side. He isnt a #4. He struggles to craft an innings. As a throwaway bat who doesnt have to be relied on and is a bonus if he comes off and capable of some overs then I am OK with that. However, he isn't a core player. He is a support player. He certainly isn't, IMEO, a good option at 4. Is there a role? Sure. But complimentary rather than key.

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
I think he is probably good enough to do a job for England at 6, he is a solid L.O player. Nothing more.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
There is just something so compelling watching Ravi bat from behind the sofa swearing but with a smile on the face as every delivery slips by. You can't not watch as the horror ensues on screen. For tomorrow I'll have forgiven and forgottten Ravi (as always happens regardless of how bad he is) but today I guess I take schadenfreude in his performance. Poor Bloke.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There is just something so compelling watching Ravi bat from behind the sofa swearing but with a smile on the face as every delivery slips by. You can't not watch as the horror ensues on screen. For tomorrow I'll have forgiven and forgottten Ravi (as always happens regardless of how bad he is) but today I guess I take schadenfreude in his performance. Poor Bloke.
He is just the best, gives you LOLZ even after such a horror tour, what more can you ask. Has he been knighted yet, for services to craptitude, surely it'll happen:inlove:

theegyptian

I'm predicting April 5th for the cricinfo article talking about Bopara's chance to shine/missing link/answer to all England's problem article. They know their ****.

grecian

I'm predicting April 5th for the cricinfo article talking about Bopara's chance to shine/missing link/answer to all England's problem article. They know their ****.
Yeah, cricinfo get a lot wrong, but their unswerving loyalty to the main man is always refreshing.

theegyptian

Shall we take it in turns to write a paragraph and see how close we get?
Can't be too hard. All cricinfo seem to do is churn out the same article six months apart with a few different words here and there. Key buzzwords being talent, technique, ability.

grecian

You'll need stuff about all-round abilities giving us balance, and, as always, a growing maturity.

I see Ravi is trending on Twitter, I shalln't click on his name, I'll just assume they're all saying good things.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
But he's made a contribution so his stock is high. Surely they can't expect that he'll do something else good in the next 18 months so ought to strike while the iron is hot...