• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I don't actually hate Bopara thread

Jager

International Debutant
tbf Cook gifted SA a wicket when he named Bopara in the XI.
:laugh:

I guess they're trying to boost his confidence by showing faith in him, trouble is he's in disastrous form - I'd imagine his fragile self-esteem has well and truly taken a battering this series

uvelocity

International Coach
it would be hard for them, theyd be used to bowling in minus 40C conditions - 72 degree turnaround

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Гурин;2999324 said:
Sometimes I wonder if cricinfo writes these articles about Bopara only to troll this guy. I imagine George Dobell coming eagerly to this thread with THAT grin.
Either that or they're parodying themselves.

There can be no other legitimate reason for putting that lump of excrement as the main headline.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yeah, I'm sure he'd contribute more to the side than Dernbach, particularly if you get 10 overs out of him before the 35th or so. He's certainly not going to do any worse with the ball, and obviously Can Bat.

Realistically speaking, I'm not sure when you'd bowl him if Woakes is in the side, who it seems is a bit too slow to bowl at the death, his line and length to a set Dhoni in the 47th on Tuesday was just asking for trouble.

He could well come in for Samit, whose bowling has never really inspired and seems barely worth bowling over Root, but that leaves us without the fast-scoring cameos that Patel has made a niche as lately. Bopara is not a quick scorer, and if he came in for anyone at this stage it'd be Root, which I'm not keen on at all.

At home, I'd quite like to see him in the side as a 4th seamer, but given free reign over the squad there are a million or so changes I'd make, so I'd have to work it out place by place.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
In all fairness, there's a case Ravi's a better ODI seamer than pretty much all the current squad, save Finn. Bres and Woakes bowl hittable pies and Dernbach sends down runaball liquorice allsorts.

Trouble is he'd replace Sammy or Root and that's just silly talk.