Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Media influence in cricket

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    'have a perv'

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    when you've got a 23 year old bowler who bowls genuinely quick outswingers and is coming off the back of two very, very good domestic seasons (44w @ 22 and 44w @ 23), then what's not to like? That's what every country wants from its young bowlers, surely.
    That seems like an awfully low number of wickets when you consider that the FC season in England is 16 games.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    That seems like an awfully low number of wickets when you consider that the FC season in England is 16 games.
    Depends how many he has missed with lions games etc... as they can take up 2 county games for one lions match and they have a couple a season. Add in injuries and I bet he hasn't played many more than 25 times for Slurrey over the 2 seasons..

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Well he's doomed now you support him.
    Kallis has done okay tbf.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Depends how many he has missed with lions games etc... as they can take up 2 county games for one lions match and they have a couple a season. Add in injuries and I bet he hasn't played many more than 25 times for Slurrey over the 2 seasons..
    Ten games both seasons. So over his last 20 games for Surrey he's taken 88 wickets @ 22. Plenty good.

You blokes who don't rate him much have seen more of him than me so I won't force it down your throats (I can just imagine someone trying to tell me Ben Cutting was a good bowler using the same method) but it's not like he's been under-performing domestically. The little I have seen reminded me a bit of Yadav, and that was with the white ball where he's clearly nowhere near as good.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    Kallis has done okay tbf.
    Kallis was gun before I supported him though tbf.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Ten games both seasons. So over his last 20 games for Surrey he's taken 88 wickets @ 22. Plenty good.

You blokes who don't rate him much have seen more of him than me so I won't force it down your throats (I can just imagine someone trying to tell me Ben Cutting was a good bowler using the same method) but it's not like he's been under-performing domestically. The little I have seen reminded me a bit of Yadav, and that was with the white ball where he's clearly nowhere near as good.
    This. If Finn isn't fit for the 3rd test, I'd play Meaker instead of Broad.

Kallis was gun before I supported him though tbf.
    Yeah, but it clearly hasn't hurt him, as he's been as gun as ever in the last two years.

I don't rate Meaker, but I wouldn't mind him playing the next match. Mainly for the Scaly lolz, but also Monty and Swann will be bowling most of the overs, and his novelty factor may just sneak a couple of top order wickets, and tail-enders don't like genuine pace.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Yeah, fair enough. Haven't followed County Cricket at all this year so 40-odd wickets in a season just didn't seem that impressive which was why I flagged it up.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information