• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand only gets two Tests in South Africa next year

SeamUp

International Coach
I was chatting to my Aussie mate and we both agreed that CSA's request was certainly reasonable given that it would only be once every 8 years that Australia wouldn't be at home over Xmas and new year period. CA also just won't want to give up those receipts and thats fair enough !

Its just not the 5 days from boxing day thats the height of our summer and holiday season but also just before Xmas and the New Year period. So its not the fact that South Africa replacing Boxing Days test is hyporcritical as its more than just those 5 days !

But man am I pissed off that our traditional boxing day test is being changed for a T20 match. What a disgrace and its no surprise at all coming from CSA !

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Surely the revenue from ticket sales of the Test match would probably match that of the single T20?
Yeah, but that has to be balanced against the extra costs of having the place open for five days. In terms of efficient use of resources, it's a no-brainer.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
ancient history, about as relevant as your convict past

oh wait, that IS relevant :p

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I don't believe it, it's a black dog walking backwards. I thought only brown dogs could do that

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Looking forward to the RSA-Pak clash though. It will be Misbah's toughest test yet on swinging wickets made for Steyn and Philander. Even if we lose, I would like Azhar and Shafiq to do well and for at least on new quick bowler to announce himself to the world.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Pretty lame news, but it doesn't make their decision to not tour Australia hypocritical imo. They want to have a home cricket match on Boxing Day to get money. Whether its T20 or a test is irrelevant to what their argument was.

Still lame news though. Used to love being able to watch day 1 of the Aust boxing day test and then immediately after switch to day 1 of the SA test.