• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England 2012

ajdude

International Coach
will admit i did laugh at the designated birth window hahahaha

the addition of an international cricketers' mating season haha

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
i think it's more the 'three months premature' part that's stopping him from going
My thoughts are with Mr and Mrs Cricket. If I remember correctly, their previous child Molly was similarly premature.

ajdude

International Coach
My thoughts are with Mr and Mrs Cricket. If I remember correctly, their previous child Molly was similarly premature.
yeah i remember possibly reading that in his book or somewhere, but yeah according to cricket australia molly was born after 28 weeks

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Couldn't agree more - this West Indies series has been a waste of time - it just doesn't feel right to watch a Test match where you spend the game hoping and praying that the oppo will do well enough to make a game of it.

The South Africans are proper opposition, we can all hate them with impunity, and an old-fashioned five Test series would have been epic

........ especially now the Aus and India are so ****e :ph34r:
We spent every Ashes series between 89 and 05 doing that mate.

Hussey being out a big loss for us. Such an important ODI player.

Spikey

We spent every Ashes series between 89 and 05 doing that mate.

Hussey being out a big loss for us. Such an important ODI player.
it is a meaningless series though, so perhaps a good time to give someone else a go in that role

Burgey

it is a meaningless series though, so perhaps a good time to give someone else a go in that role
Yeah true.

Are many of our players who are in or around the test squad playing in England this year? Haven't really been following any County reports this season.

Spikey

Usman is about to go over, Hughes and Starc are there. Outside of that, not really. Nowadays you can only get a county contract if you've played test cricket recently (one test within the last two years, 5 in the last 5 iirc). Of those, Smith, Cowan and Marsh aren't there, but Smith and Cowan will be in the Aus A team. Copeland isn't there. Cummins, Pattinson aren't either. None of the test regulars are there.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hussey has been a very quiet World Cup performer, I wouldn't mind phasing him out, in fact I wouldn't pick him again in short form cricket after the T20 Championship thing in SL this year.

Forrest is not the answer though.

Ruckus

International Captain
Does anyone actually know why Forrest ever got picked? Seems like such a weird selection to me. I mean his list A record is frankly terrible, so they can't have been going off that. And if they thought he looks like he could be made into something better (maybe a potential test batsman), why not just give the experience to players like Hughes or Khawaja who are both in that category anyway, are both younger, and both have good limited overs records? Admittedly I thought Forrest actually looked like a decent batsman, but since when does that really mean much? And talking about players like that, I don't know what someone like Callum Ferguson has really done wrong either to allow him to leapfrog...(unless there were injuries or something).

Spikey

The current selection panel have done some weird things.

Forrest is one of those

flibbertyjibber

Does anyone actually know why Forrest ever got picked? Seems like such a weird selection to me. I mean his list A record is frankly terrible, so they can't have been going off that. And if they thought he looks like he could be made into something better (maybe a potential test batsman), why not just give the experience to players like Hughes or Khawaja who are both in that category anyway, are both younger, and both have good limited overs records? Admittedly I thought Forrest actually looked like a decent batsman, but since when does that really mean much? And talking about players like that, I don't know what someone like Callum Ferguson has really done wrong either to allow him to leapfrog...(unless there were injuries or something).
They like giggling after hearing the non striker call "Run Forrest, Run" only reason I can see.

Debris

International 12th Man
He got picked on the basis of his ODI form. Hopefully, selectors have now learned their lesson.

Spikey

if smitteh's ipl boundary form stays with him, he could actually be an option. but i don't think it will.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Bloody hell, this is the stupidest idea for a tour. At least we'll play Ireland which is good for them.
The Irish clearly have more hustle than Kenya do. Haven't been able to convince either Zimbabwe of South Africa to remember us they England remember Ireland whenever somebody's touring over there.