• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trying to track down Oakfield CC

mikeody

Cricket Spectator
Hello All,
My first post so it could be in the wrong forum ! But here goes anyway.
Have been turning out some stuff left me by my late father.
I have found a silver trophy engraved "Oakfield CC Presented to John Ody for the first recorded century for the Club - 1935".
Now the only "Oakfield CC" I can find is in Warwickshire which is certainly NOT his old club.
He lived in west London pre-war and could have played anywhere within a reasonable travelling distance of there.
Does anyone know of such a club ? Of course it may well not exist any more or has been merged with another club.
I had in mind perhaps donating the trophy to Oakfield for their 'trophy room' or perhaps re- presenting to a current century maker.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike Ody