• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Laugh or cry?

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Please continue reading and all the below words truly happened.

Former Bangladesh captain Mohammad Ashraful celebrates his century for Blackheath against Bromley in minor country on Saturday. — Internet photo
Former Bangladesh skipper Mohammad Ashraful is likely to be approached by Kent to play for them in the upcoming Twenty20 campaign, revealed their coach Jimmy Adams on Thursday.
Ashraful, 27, is currently playing for Blackheath – and also coaching the side – in the Kent Premier League and scored a century on Saturday that caught the attention of the Kent authorities who are looking for their second overseas player.
He made 100 against Bromley and claimed a hat-trick (3-1) with the ball.
Adams was unaware that Ashraful was around, but he pledged to ‘immediately look into it’ and see if something could be done to get him in the side after a local journalist informed him about the batsman.
‘I didn’t know he was around, but if he’s here I won’t rule out anything. It’s a lead,’ the Kent coach was quoted as saying on a local website.
‘We have to be mindful of the players we already have as we’re trying to create an environment where the players get as much of an opportunity as they can. But it’s definitely something I’ll look at,’ said Adams.

SeamUp

International Coach
WOW! Coaching the side as well! How did he get that deal to be numero uno!

Kent authorities :-O

Jacknife

International Captain
LOL Kent must have players in their 3rd XI better than this guy, talk about overseas players just for the sake of it.

stumpski

International Captain
Well the guy is certainly inconsistent, and recently he's blown cold a lot more than hot, but you don't get five Test 100s without being able to play a bit; I would be a bit more concerned that he only averages 19 in domestic T20s in Bangladesh, where the bowling is presumably of a lesser standard than he'd encounter in county cricket.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
An international player is playing 20 minute walk from my house in London and I'm stuck in York, horrid times.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
LOL Kent must have players in their 3rd XI better than this guy, talk about overseas players just for the sake of it.
Get on youtube and search for his hundred against Australia in 05, the kid can play. In fact he's as talented as they get, just a knucklehead a lot of the time.

Jacknife

International Captain
Get on youtube and search for his hundred against Australia in 05, the kid can play. In fact he's as talented as they get, just a knucklehead a lot of the time.
Watched it at the time and I've seen him plenty of times since. Fact is that was 7 years ago and he's done next to nothing since, especially in Twenty20, he averages 18 at a strike rate of around 120 in domestic T20 cricket, sorry as a overseas player who's meant to attract the punters and be one of the big names in the team, no chance.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Just looked at his recent form in ODI and Test cricket..I reneg on my previous comment. Horrendous.