• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Elyse Perry told to quit cricket or gagf by Canberra United football club

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
if i was running nsw cricket i'd be telling perry to quit playing for a canberra team or gtfo

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I can help but think we're missing the bigger issue here: with football and cricket when will she have time to cook and clean for Mr Perry?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The W League doesn't pay its players enough to make ultimatums like this. You become professional in your pay and the players will follow I'd have thought.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The W League doesn't pay its players enough to make ultimatums like this. You become professional in your pay and the players will follow I'd have thought.
Meh, it's the club's choice. From what I can gather, it's not that they think her playing cricket and football in unacceptable as such, but that they've actually come a point where they'd rather not have her at all than have the team cope with the inconsistencies in expectations between her and the other players. If they were just trying to strongarm her into ditching cricket it'd be harsh, but I honestly don't think that's the case.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Obviously it's the club's choice, replace the words "W League" with "Canberra United" in my post then.

But as far as I see it, she has another job other than playing W League like every other player. It just happens to be another sport instead of a desk job or as a personal trainer at a gym or as a prostitute at night in a brothel etc. etc.

How much training does she miss ftr?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
But as far as I see it, she has another job other than playing W League like every other player. It just happens to be another sport instead of a desk job or as a personal trainer at a gym or as a prostitute at night in a brothel etc. etc.
Yep; I completely agree. And the club has decided that the best way forward will be to only cater for players who can meet certain commitment requirements, which she obviously can't.

If the case is that other players are missing equal or more amounts of training for work, or that the club is taking a calculated risk in trying to force her to give up cricket and would actually prefer to have her in her current state of availability than not at all, then I agree that it's harsh if not ridiculous. But the way I've read it so far suggests it's not really like that at all, and that they simply think the situation is causing more harm than good for the club.

If they honestly just think that the club will be better off with another player in her place who can be more dedicated then I don't see how you can criticise them for it.