• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Untitled #23

Who will reach 23 test tons first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BoyBrumby

Englishman
As anyone watching England's 2nd test versus the Windies will now know, the incumbent home captain has just registered his twenty-first test ton, moving him to outright fourth on the England all time list, just one behind the joint record holders, Messrs Hammond, Cowdrey & Boycott.

Also bubbling under in the current test side are Ali Cook (19 to date), KP (20) &, for those who like a punt with longer odds, Ding Dong Bell with 16.

Given the players respective ages one would expect Cook to end up on top of the pile, but my question is who will go past 22 centuries first?

Poll to follow...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
KP. Can see him drawing level again with Strauss tomorrow and going on from there.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Given that we're playing SA next, I think that Strauss & KP will both need to do it in the 3rd test against WI. And I don't see any reason why Strauss shouldn't get another in his next two innings.

tooextracool

International Coach
I suspect that if KP/Strauss don't do it during the current series then my money is on Alistair Cook. Strauss has struggled against Morne everytime he has come against him (a shame that more bowlers dont use the round the wicket ploy against him) and I fully expect Philander to make KP his bunny this summer.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If he stays fit then he could easily play another 100+ Tests so I'd say that is highly possible.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
KP joins Strauss on 21 tons after today's effort, with Cook just behind on 20.

Be very nice if one or more equals the record by the end of the series.

Eds

International Debutant
Pietersen will also equal the highest number of 150+ scores for England, assuming he reaches said milestone tomorrow. It'll be his tenth, which puts him equal with Wally Hammond and Sir Len.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
You mean ENGLISH players?
Yeah, I can see now how the first post was ambiguous, sorry about that.

As anyone watching England's 2nd test versus the Windies will now know, the incumbent home captain has just registered his twenty-first test ton, moving him to outright fourth on the England all time list, just one behind the joint record holders, Messrs Hammond, Cowdrey & Boycott.
Unless you're somehow implying one or more of the contenders is somehow not English? It's odd because you'd think someone might've mentioned that before, but I don't think anyone has.

Eds

International Debutant
Pietersen will also equal the highest number of 150+ scores for England, assuming he reaches said milestone tomorrow. It'll be his tenth, which puts him equal with Wally Hammond and Sir Len.
Well this worked out well.