• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Untitled #23

Who will reach 23 test tons first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It'll still be KP. No other bats will have time to score a ton with him gone and the middle order we'll now be playing. He'll have to be recalled when they realise this and BOOM KP wins.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It'll still be KP. No other bats will have time to score a ton with him gone and the middle order we'll now be playing. He'll have to be recalled when they realise this and BOOM KP wins.
well that's nice, and it will only massively piss off anderson, Broad, Strauss, Swann, the management, and consign us to fractous arguments forever more, BOOM KP wins, the rest of us lose.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think we lose with any feasible outcome, only because, without the hyperbole this time, I don't think any of the bats on the fringes can stand up and fill KP's boots. But what you say is pretty realistic as well. So, yeah, it looks grim.

Grimmest it's looked since the beginning of 09 anyway and things worked out okay that time I suppose.

grecian

I think we lose with any feasible outcome, only because, without the hyperbole this time, I don't think any of the bats on the fringes can stand up and fill KP's boots. But what you say is pretty realistic as well. So, yeah, it looks grim.

Grimmest it's looked since the beginning of 09 anyway and things worked out okay that time I suppose.
That's the thing though isn't it, I loved Freddie, but we did better without him. Flower has made us a disciplinarian unit, and in the end, ATM I see us better in the long run without KP than with him.

grecian

My joke option looking good, mind you that's when he normally gets out to a stupid shot.

kingkallis

International Coach
I dont understand why Bell is so under-rated? The guy is scoring decent amount of runs for few years now.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
For a long stage there was the stat that he'd never scored a ton in an innings without someone else also getting one.

Of course for some reason that has never been levelled at ABdV who I believe has a similar sort of record in that regards.

Spark

Global Moderator
Can remember at least one instance of ABdV getting a ton where none of his team mates had got one tbh.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
With KP stuck in the pits and bell a few laps back, Cook is out on his own here. He'll have the record by the end of the India tour of course.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
ITSTL. **** averages 17.25 against Bangladesh, says it all. Doesn't perform against the big boys.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Captain Cook moves to 21 after today's effort.

With all due respect to Bell, I think it's now a two horse race after Strauss's retirement.