• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Best T20 Batsmen - Vote

Sowester

Cricket Spectator
Best Twenty20 Cricket Batsman

This is a pretty good list of the best T20 cricket batsmen, as voted for by fans. There's a few positionings that I don't really agree with, but absolutely cannot disagree that Gayle should be number 1!

Thought I'd post it up so that you people can vote and have a bit of a debate!

The site actually has quite a few other cricket lists, but this one just seemed topical with the IPL in it's final stages.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I don't think it's a ranking, I think there just contenders who you can vote for as being the best.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Brad Hodge has clearly voted for himself over and over. Then contacted a newspaper to run a story wondering why he isn't in the Australian team.

LegendaryProtea

School Boy/Girl Captain
I don't think it's a ranking, I think there just contenders who you can vote for as being the best.
Then what are those numbers in that little box next to the vote button? It's just an embarrassing list, to be honest. Gayle only receives three more votes than McCullum? de Villiers at 27? :laugh:

Jager

International Debutant
Colin Cowdrey ranked above Pollock. Oh dear. Sobers ranked below Jayasuriya and Gooch... list invalid

faizan11

Cricket Spectator
DHONI , GYLE and more players best who have a lot of confidence to play in any situation at any ground , T20 format needy for both side bowling and bating , in ipl gyale was a sixes man........

Sowester

Cricket Spectator
I think it's a pretty good list. All the right players are in there, and the order will soon sort itself out once a few people have voted.

Napier is perhaps a bit too high, but de Villiers has only really emerged as a T20 superstar in recent times. I think Napier still holds the record for the highest T20 score (?) so he's certainly no mug.

Really don't see how some people can disagree with Gayle at number 1 though! The man is a beast.

Jacknife

International Captain
I think it's a pretty good list. All the right players are in there, and the order will soon sort itself out once a few people have voted.

Napier is perhaps a bit too high, but de Villiers has only really emerged as a T20 superstar in recent times. I think Napier still holds the record for the highest T20 score (?) so he's certainly no mug.

Really don't see how some people can disagree with Gayle at number 1 though! The man is a beast.
As far as Napier the batsmen goes that really was a freak of a innings in more ways than one, he's never got close to repeating anything like that before or since in Twenty20 even though he had a first class innings where he did similar. He's only passed 50 once in the format and that innings was it and on the whole he averages 15. I actually really like Napier as a all-rounder but he's got massively overrated because of that innings.

If the list is yet to be finalized then I have no problem with it, all the names seem to be there and we'll see where they end up.