• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bedi bags Tendulkar

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
iamdavid said:
Oh he aint that accurate , remember the ODI's he played downunder in 2000/01 , quite wayward to tell the truth.
Are you on drugs? Cameron Cuffy is extremely accurate and by bowling 1 wide in his 5 ODI's v Aus (3 of which he bowled all 10 overs) he displays this.

His career economy in 41 ODI's is 4. In 98 List A games it's 3.76.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Craig said:
Try 18-15-3-0 in a series of spells in a Test match against India last year, he bowled something like 24 overs conceding about that many of runs or even less. Zaheer Khan ruined his figures.

Mr M will no doubt clarify this if I am wrong.:) 8D
30-12-49-2
24-16-26-1 <- This is the spell Craig is referring to. It was 23-16-16-1 and 21-16-8-1.
18-6-34-1

These against India on West Indian pitches. I assure you that if nothing else, Cuffy is accurate.

Mr Mxyzptlk

deeps said:
looking at the score=card...5 centuries and 2 50's were scored in that one match, 2 of them 150's...I think it's highly probably that that pitch was severely in favour of batsman

The windies bowlig line up looks hardly formidable,with only merv dillon as the most recognised quick..cuffy isn't that good..Lawson is going to be a star,but he's still young.

I'm sure he's innings was brilliant and stuff,but looking at the opposition....i dunno..
So you're trying to say that there was no pressure? Frakly I'm a bit insulted. The West Indies may not be an awe-inspiring team, but on our day we can hold our own more than effectively. The fact is that the time had to be batted and runs had to be scored. Tendulkar did that.

iamdavid

International Debutant
I didnt watch much of the India series , I was going on the one series in which he played that I have really payed attention to , the CUB series in 2001.

When I say wayward I dont always mean he bowled wides , his figures from that series at first glance dont look so bad , economy 4.2 & avge 25 or thereabouts , however against Australia it becomes average of 35.6 & economy of 4.96 , he didnt bowl many wides but I recall a lot of short rubbish & half volleys , that game at the MCG stands out , only the below par Zimbabwean batting made his figures appear decent , the only other series I have seen him play was the ODI's against South Africa , he bowled like sh*t for the first 5 games & extremelly well in the last 2 , now those are the only 2 games I've seen him play in where you could really have described him as accurate , I will be taking you're word for it as I assume you've seen a lot more of him than me.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
deeps said:
looking at the score=card...5 centuries and 2 50's were scored in that one match, 2 of them 150's...I think it's highly probably that that pitch was severely in favour of batsman
Whether it was in favour of batsmen or not, SRT and VVS were the last pair of recognised batsmen, at the crease at 87-4, still 60 or 70 behind and with more than 4 sessions left in the game.

They then put on 224 in 2 and a half sessions to go a long way towards securing a draw.

Top knock IMO

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
iamdavid said:
When I say wayward I dont always mean he bowled wides , his figures from that series at first glance dont look so bad , economy 4.2 & avge 25 or thereabouts , however against Australia it becomes average of 35.6 & economy of 4.96
A bowler's figures taking a turn for the worse when he faces the Australians - shock horror, I bet that's never happened before!

iamdavid

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
A bowler's figures taking a turn for the worse when he faces the Australians - shock horror, I bet that's never happened before!
I'd be more inclined to say a bowler's figures taking a turn for the better when he faces Zimbabwe , I beleive the Australian figures are more indicative of the way he bowled in that series.

This is my 300th post:D

Mr Mxyzptlk

iamdavid said:
I'd be more inclined to say a bowler's figures taking a turn for the better when he faces Zimbabwe , I beleive the Australian figures are more indicative of the way he bowled in that series.
I'd have to disagree. The Aussies won all their games in that series and knocked about several bowlers. Cuffy was no exception but many a neutral observer would say how well he (and Laurie Williams) bowled in that series.