• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bomb blast outside NZ Cricket teams hotel.

Igor Clubshub

Cricket Spectator
KARACHI, Pakistan a bomb blast went off infront of the hotel where the New Zealand Cricket team were staying on Wednesday.

At this stage they have said that 9 French workers and 1 Pakistani driver were killed.

Luckily none of the players were hurt but there are reports that the team physio was injured.

Take Care,
Igor Clubshub

[Edited on 5/8/02 by Igor Clubshub]

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
sucks aye

i was so waiting to hear it on the radio and then suddenly the news i heard... damn i was looking forward toi some exciting cricket :( :(

Kimbo

International Debutant
There were 14 deaths. At the press conference at Auckland Airport Flem was in tears and hinted that he didn't think that the team may be mentally prepared for the Windies tour. But Macca reckons that he has never seen the team so united, and has more respect for his fellow team mates.
Man, it would have been freaky.

Kimbo

International Debutant
The kind of person that kills 14 people is the kind of person that has grown up watching their family and friends being brutally injured/killed by powerful groups that swarm their country. You have to understand that they have grown up in a much different environment to you and I. Even though I think it is a terrible thing I wouldn't blame the person that did it.