• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in Sri Lanka 2012

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Fri Jun 1 1st T20I - Sri Lanka v Pakistan
Mahinda Rajapaksa International Cricket Stadium, Sooriyawewa, Hambantota

Sun Jun 3 2nd T20I - Sri Lanka v Pakistan
Mahinda Rajapaksa International Cricket Stadium, Sooriyawewa, Hambantota

Thu Jun 7 1st ODI - Sri Lanka v Pakistan
Pallekele International Cricket Stadium

Sat Jun 9 2nd ODI - Sri Lanka v Pakistan

Wed Jun 13 3rd ODI - Sri Lanka v Pakistan
R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo

Sat Jun 16 4th ODI - Sri Lanka v Pakistan

Mon Jun 18 5th ODI - Sri Lanka v Pakistan

Fri Jun 22 - Tue Jun 26 1st Test - Sri Lanka v Pakistan
Galle International Stadium

Sat Jun 30 - Wed Jul 4 2nd Test - Sri Lanka v Pakistan
Sinhalese Sports Club Ground, Colombo

Sun Jul 8 - Thu Jul 12 3rd Test - Sri Lanka v Pakistan

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Pakistan squads:

Test squad: Mohammad Hafeez, Taufeeq Umar, Azhar Ali, Misbah-ul-Haq (capt), Younis Khan, Asad Shafiq, Adnan Akmal (wk), Umar Gul, Saeed Ajmal, Abdur Rehman, Mohammad Sami, Faisal Iqbal, Junaid Khan, Afaq Raheem, Mohammad Ayub, Aizaz Cheema

ODI squad: Mohammad Hafeez, Nasir Jamshed, Younis Khan, Misbah-ul-Haq (capt), Umar Akmal, Sarfaraz Ahmed (wk), Shahid Afridi, Umar Gul, Rahat Ali, Saeed Ajmal, Abdur Rehman, Mohammad Sami, Asad Shafiq, Aizaz Cheema, Azhar Ali, Imran Farhat

SAMI!

Faisal Iqbal and Imran Farhat recalls are seriously, seriously weird though. As is the Sami recall really but it's awesome so it doesn't matter. :ph34r:

Needs more Salahuddin.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Does it matter if Fart and Iqbal have been recalled. They won't be in the opening XI.

As for Salahuddin, I thought you didn't like him PEWS. But I agree he should be in the test squad along with Sadaf and Fawad.

The only criminal act is that Hammad has been left out of ODI's and Younis is still there.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That was a real nice resurgence pakistan had going, but i guess it's over

Howe_zat

Audio File
Salahudin and Fawad just two of the dozen or so batsmen they could've picked over Faisal Iqbal. If they wanted an experienced player who's actually done something at Test level as a backup then they may as well have picked Shoaib Malik.

As said, I doubt it'd matter as they won't change their winning side much. Except for the seamers. They're always free to change for some reason.

smash84

The Tiger King
I will try to justify my selection: Sami | DAWN.COM

had to lol when they mention his stats immediately after the first sentence

"When asked whether he got disillusioned during his countless periods on the sidelines, Sami said he was disappointed at times after being constantly overlooked for the national outfit, but he never lost heart and continued to perform in domestic competitions.

“I’m never that sort of a guy who keeps on brooding whenever I found myself out [of the Pakistan team]. I kept working hard, both at my fitness and game, just in case I was recalled. To say that I was hurt would not be out of context,” he remarked. “But I never gave up because I always remained optimistic and knew that I’m still good enough to serve Pakistan cricket at the international level.”

:blink:

Last edited:

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Lol I just saw Shoaib Malik trending worldwide on twitter.

Nothing cricket related though- he's at the champions league final and giving a interview.

Nomanculture

School Boy/Girl Captain
Should have had Tests first. No point in allowing visiting sides to get used to the conditions by providing some pajama cricket first up. Might not apply to PAK though for they're from the same part of the world.