Thread: Misbah steps down as T20 captain

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar

Misbah steps down as T20 captain

Pakistan news: Misbah-ul-Haq steps down as Twenty20 captain | Pakistan Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

Some people may not agree with this decision, especially considering Misbah is the best captain we have had in recent times. However I am glad that after all the banning and unbanning, here is a guy who has sensibly decided to step down. What a great guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

International 12th Man AndyZaltzHair's Avatar
    I think it's a good step esp considering T20 World Cup ahead. Hafeez can prepare all this team. It's good that he's just not being handed over moments before World Cup. Shoiab Malik inclusion doesn't make sense though with couple of other players but overall this team looks good

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    good decision by Misbah

and letting go of it with dignity
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

I’m going to disagree with the majority opinion here. I think it’s a really bad decision. If Misbah played for any other country besides Pakistan, this would’ve been the logical move. However, he plays for a highly dysfunctional side that’s prone to player divisions. When you have separate Captains for the sides, Pakistani players tend to divide and pick sides. I don’t think Hafeez is the sort to cause that himself, but there can be others in the team that can cause issues. For example, how pleased will Afridi be to play under Hafeez? I just think that for a still-rebuilding side, it would’ve been ideal to have a single Captain. Especially one like Misbah who has proven that he can hold the team together and deliver results.

State Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Iím going to disagree with the majority opinion here. I think itís a really bad decision. If Misbah played for any other country besides Pakistan, this wouldíve been the logical move. However, he plays for a highly dysfunctional side thatís prone to player divisions. When you have separate Captains for the sides, Pakistani players tend to divide and pick sides. I donít think Hafeez is the sort to cause that himself, but there can be others in the team that can cause issues. For example, how pleased will Afridi be to play under Hafeez? I just think that for a still-rebuilding side, it wouldíve been ideal to have a single Captain. Especially one like Misbah who has proven that he can hold the team together and deliver results.
    Agree with what you're saying but I doubt Misbah is the kind of character who'd think he's so indispensable to the grand scheme of things in Pak cricket (even though he probably is at this time). Looks like he's bowing out after evaluating what he can offer as a player to the format. (I assume this is also the end of his T20 career?)

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Iím going to disagree with the majority opinion here. I think itís a really bad decision. If Misbah played for any other country besides Pakistan, this wouldíve been the logical move. However, he plays for a highly dysfunctional side thatís prone to player divisions. When you have separate Captains for the sides, Pakistani players tend to divide and pick sides. I donít think Hafeez is the sort to cause that himself, but there can be others in the team that can cause issues. For example, how pleased will Afridi be to play under Hafeez? I just think that for a still-rebuilding side, it wouldíve been ideal to have a single Captain. Especially one like Misbah who has proven that he can hold the team together and deliver results.
    You have a point there certainly. But for being a captain one has to be a better performing T20 player too, not saying Misbah isn't one but Pak is full of loads better T20 player than Misbah. Otherwise it would have been a mirror of let's say "Ganguly"

yeah......Misbah doesn't cut it as a T20 player IMO or at least many better players available as Andy mentions. If he can't really contribute much as a player then there isn't much point being just a captain and setting field placings

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    T20 is an attacking game, whereas Mehbooba is a defensive captain. I think prof would make a good T20 captain.

so Misbah is your Mehbooba
    Last edited by smalishah84; 11-05-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    T20 is an attacking game, whereas Mehbooba is a defensive captain. I think prof would make a good T20 captain.
    lol Mehbooba, a new one! Most Pakistani fans call Misbah as "Mr. Tuk Tuk"

NOT A GOOD DECISION

misbah brought calm and stabality..
    SALMAM KHAN The real king and Baadshah of Bollywood!!!!!!!!

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Respect for Misbah....but he should have stayed as captain until the rebuilding phase sort of matured a bit.
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

Thread Information