• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is your fav. Batsman/Bowler of all time

anzac

International Debutant
I missed the end of the Sobers, G Chappel & D Lillee era, and I didn't really appreciate the greatness of the likes of Lloyd, Richards, Holding. My first heroes were locals such as Hadlee & Crowe.

But so far as all time greats go I find it hard to go past The Don & Lillee.

:)

Peter Taylor, now there's a story. Did you read that article about him in Inside Edge at the start of the year Mr Wright?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
furious_ged said:
Peter Taylor, now there's a story. Did you read that article about him in Inside Edge at the start of the year Mr Wright?
No, I didn't. I can't afford to buy Inside Edge and the library doesn't have any copies from this year yet. What was it about?
As a former off-spinner I just loved his action.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
furious_ged said:
Yeah I read that article mate. Good stuff, quite interesting.:)

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Anyway....

Batsman: Ricky Ponting
Bowler: Ricky Ponting:D (He wouldnt have got it if he hadn't have dismissed Lara in the VB series a few years back.)

Eclipse

International Debutant
Mr. Ponting said:
Anyway....

Batsman: Ricky Ponting
Bowler: Ricky Ponting:D (He wouldnt have got it if he hadn't have dismissed Lara in the VB series a few years back.)
lol I think Ponting is fairly usless as a bowler these days.

He used to be allright but I dont think he has been paracticing his bowling very much over the last 3-4 years. Last time I saw him bowl he looked well he looked crap.

I saw Ponting bowl a full 10 overs in Perth against Sri Lanka in '98/'99 in a ODI. He only took one wicket but he bowled alright.

The article was just about Peter Taylor and how the decision to play him seemed so random and out of the blue. The selectors from the time were pretty much defending his decision and other people were talking about how it was a mistake.
I get the impression Peter Taylor himself doesn't like the fact that he made the spotlight and everyone thought he didn't deserve it.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Bowlers: Curtley Ambrose , Wasim Akram , Allan Donald

Batsman: Brian Lara , Michael Slater , Saeed Anwar

JohnnyA

U19 12th Man
Batsman: Lara

Bowler: Warney (first to pick a spinner ... always think a quality twirler is more fun to watch)