• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Steve Waugh to Retire at the SCG

iamdavid

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
I would debate that, since I feel most people could've captained that side to that sort of record.
I would agree with you there , however there is more to it than what he simply did on the feild , the advances made in the way of prepareation & proffesionalism (sleding aside) since Waugh took over have been phenomanal , a man with his record deserves some credit.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Waugh's connections with India

Test Debut
Last Test Match
Ambassador of Tourism to India
Involved in Charity
Two sponserships ( MRF and AMP Parivar )

:cool2:

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
Steve Waugh has been a teriffic player for Australia. He has helped us on so many occasions in Tests & ODI's. His captaincy (in both forms of the game) is going to have an lasting influence on future Australian captains. Ricky Ponting has adopted alot of Waugh's phlosphoies when he took over the ODI captaincy from Waugh, the same will happen once Ponting assumes the Test captaincy :P