• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** West Indies in England 2012

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
To us it is hot, be it 23 degrees or 30; it feels like 40. This is where we're from and where we've grown up. Naturally we're gonna fatigue quicker in warm weather than sides from warmer climates. This seems like a pretty straightforward conclusion to make tbh.

Equally, we probably find it easier to get up for a match when it's grey and cool than other sides...we're used to it.
Your professional cricketers have also played all over the world. Heat no excuse for the England cricket team.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
They just came off tours to Sri Lanka and the UAE - they should be more than capable of dealing with heat by now.

Didn't seem to bother them in Australia last time either..

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To us it is hot, be it 23 degrees or 30; it feels like 40. This is where we're from and where we've grown up. Naturally we're gonna fatigue quicker in warm weather than sides from warmer climates. This seems like a pretty straightforward conclusion to make tbh.

Equally, we probably find it easier to get up for a match when it's grey and cool than other sides...we're used to it.
That's not right mate. England's bowlers didn't fatigue in the UAE or even out here last time. I just think they each happened to have a not-so-great third session. They weren't awful by any stretch, just not the standard that was expected from what they've set themselves lately.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Also, quote from Cricinfo.

Asked about Anderson's commentary on his batting - a feature of the day - Samuels replied: "James Anderson should know I am batting for the team. A lot of balls that could've been hit for the boundary I left them alone. But when I get a double [century] tomorrow, I would like James Anderson to say something to me."

Spikey

Also, quote from Cricinfo.

Asked about Anderson's commentary on his batting - a feature of the day - Samuels replied: "James Anderson should know I am batting for the team. A lot of balls that could've been hit for the boundary I left them alone. But when I get a double [century] tomorrow, I would like James Anderson to say something to me."

WindieWeathers

International Regular
WW, assuming those two blokes come back in, I presume Edwards on current form would go for Sarwan.

Who would you punt for Gayle?
Very tough choice, Barath has the ability to score a ton when he's hot, while Powell is capable of getting more starts these days, i don't mind who gets dropped really just as long as Gayle is back in the top order, as for Kirk Edwards, very shocked at how bad he's been here but i still have faith in him at home tbh.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Your professional cricketers have also played all over the world. Heat no excuse for the England cricket team.
It's not an excuse but the conditions are a million miles away from Lord's. It was struggling to get into double figures last week, now it's mid-high 20s.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Very tough choice, Barath has the ability to score a ton when he's hot, while Powell is capable of getting more starts these days, i don't mind who gets dropped really just as long as Gayle is back in the top order, as for Kirk Edwards, very shocked at how bad he's been here but i still have faith in him at home tbh.
For English conditions at least, I'd be retaining Powell.

Barath looks truly lost against any ball the moves off the straight.

Spikey

but then at lord's it was powell who looked totally lost against the moving ball, and barath playing very late and generally handling it well

BoyBrumby

Englishman
but then at lord's it was powell who looked totally lost against the moving ball, and barath playing very late and generally handling it well
Didn't see all of his first innings due to being a working stiff, but he didn't impress me in the second. Was dropped once off one Broad took away from him and drove airily at a couple of others too.