• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** West Indies in England 2012

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Narine likely wouldn't make the side, Bravo senior shouldn't make the side and Gayle's issues with the board are hardly limited to the IPL's conflict of interest.

Where is Lendl Simmons, though?
WW to explode when he comes back.

1. Hoping for Compton, but it'll undoubtedly be Ravi.
2. Strauss to survive by the skin of his teeth and a lack of opening options. Loins selection for Carberry obviously there in the event he is absolutely dismal and makes <10 runs for the series. Bell to make a ton at some point, however.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

2. Strauss to survive by the skin of his teeth and a lack of opening options. Loins selection for Carberry obviously there in the event he is absolutely dismal and makes <10 runs for the series. Bell to make a ton at some point, however.
:naughty:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Strauss to get a ton at Lords.

weeman27bob

International Regular
Probable England team's averages at Lords:

Strauss - 54.53
Cook - 51.21
Trott - 99.96
KP- 65.72
Bell - 61.16
Bopara 62.66 / Bresnan 17 (bat) and 46.50 (ball)
Prior - 58.54
Broad - 56.87 (bat) and 33.36 (ball)
Swann - 23.40 (bat) and 23.08 (ball)
Anderson - 20.50 (bat) and 27.13 (ball)
Finn - 22.00 (bat) and 22.76 (ball)

Everyone bar Bresnan much better with the bat at HQ than elsewhere. Bowlers a bit of a mixed bag.

mcl

Cricket Spectator
Narine should have been in the Test series against Aus...he would have made a huge difference especially at the end where the aussies tail wagged.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator

Strauss - 54.53
Cook - 51.21
Trott - 99.96
KP- 65.72
Bell - 61.16
Prior - 58.54

Everyone bar Bresnan much better with the bat at HQ than elsewhere. Bowlers a bit of a mixed bag.
Quite shocked by Cook's record there. I pretty much remember him toning up nearly every time he batted then in the early stages of his career, but he's had a bad couple of years at the ground (baring the Sri Lanka game last year)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Strauss - 54.53
Cook - 51.21
Trott - 99.96
KP- 65.72
Bell - 61.16
Prior - 58.54

Finn's not going to play ahead of Bresnan IMO.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
To be quite honest I think the seamers bar Anderson should be picked on the basis of how they perform before the series, don't see a reason for Broad to come straight back into the side TBH.

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm sure WI would love not having to face a bowler averaging 17 in the last year

Anderson-Broad-Bresnan. Easy.

EDIT: Really, unless you're going the CWB route this is probably the easiest selection job in the world right now. Just have to decide who your #6 will be and you're done.

Last edited:

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Go with the same set of bowlers from the last Test Anderson-Bresnan-Finn if the domestic figures back it up.

Broad's a very good bowler but so are Finn and Bressie and given his injury I wouldn't object to him missing out for the guys who came in to replace him from that injury.

I'm not intending the CWB route, make a ton of arguments against players, disappear upon a ton. XD

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The thing about that is the bowlers are all having their workload managed by the selectors so you can't compare who has played how many.

Suspect it'll be the team from SL with Flopara in for Patel but hoping someone else sticks their hands up for the Lions.

Stapel

International Regular
I'm sure WI would love not having to face a bowler averaging 17 in the last year

Anderson-Broad-Bresnan. Easy.

EDIT: Really, unless you're going the CWB route this is probably the easiest selection job in the world right now. Just have to decide who your #6 will be and you're done.
Bresnan ;) .

I would give the #6 spot to a young promising batsman. Alex Hales & Ben Stokes come to mind. If it needs to be an all-rounder, it should be Chris Woakes. I can't see the point in Bopara.....