• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bat sizes

thatlegspinner

Cricket Spectator
I am a 13 year old bowler that plays cricket every week, I am defineatley not a batter and do not think seriously about batting. I am 5'5 3/4 and have a GM 101 Hero DXM Kashmir Willow size 6 bat currently, I am thinking about buying a new one, any advice? :wacko::ph34r:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It should get bigger as you get older. Once you reach adulthood, probably won't see much increase.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Well, obviously you don't want it to be too big, because you won't be able to wield it properly. But too small will not impress your peers.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Bigger the better IMO... I learned to use a SH at 14 and it worked fine... Then again... I am quite muscular (joking)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Ignore sledger. He's just being lewd.

It sounds like you're borderline between Size 6 and Harrow - and the worst thing that a lot of young players often do is use bats that are (i) too big and (ii) too heavy for them, henceforth wrecking their technique. My bats are SH/2'8 and I wouldn't ever want heavier.

Get a new bat if the one you have currently isn't doing its job properly - i.e. it sounds like a railway sleeper, it jars your hands, or it's incapable of middling something when you time a shot properly. Then make sure you're comfortable with the weight and feel of it before you buy - mail order is a lottery.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
It's difficult to get the size right with kids. I'm really tall for my age so ended up getting a SH at 12. I was near to 6 foot at the time, although the bat probably was too heavy for me when I used it.

Jacknife

International Captain
It's difficult to get the size right with kids. I'm really tall for my age so ended up getting a SH at 12. I was near to 6 foot at the time, although the bat probably was too heavy for me when I used it.
You were near 6ft when you were 12? man how tall are you now, I'm 6 3" but wasn't anything like that at 12.