• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG World XI's game

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
Conrad Hunte and Bill Woodfull for my openers

Clem Hill to bat a first drop

Bob Willis, Fred Spofforth and Fazal Mahmood to serve as my pace attack

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
17 voters this time round.

Results
3 pace bowlers
Willis 9
Flintoff 8

Anderson 2
BJohnston 2
Mahmood 10
Thomson 5
Gillespie 2
Bond 7
Cairns 1
Richardson 2
Spofforth 2
Alderman 1

Openers
Anwar 4
Woodfull 7
HTaylor 1
Kirsten 4
Langer 2
Dempster 1
Fredericks 1
Slater 1
Hunte 5
Haynes 7
Cook 1

First drop
Hill 9
Younis Khan 2
Cowdrey 1
Richardson 2
Abbas 1
De Silva 2

Woodfull was a bit of a surprise, considering last round he had just the 1 vote. I'm liking this team though so far.

World K XI
1. Desmond Haynes
2. Bill Woodfull
3. Clem Hill
8. Andrew Flintoff
9. Fazal Mahmood
11. Bob Willis

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
1) Select batsman 4 and 5.
2) Select a spinner (I guess the spinner can bat 6 or 7 not necessarily lower down, if you want another quick).

Suggested middle order batsman
Zaheer Abbas, Mohinder Amarnath, Hashim Amla, Warwick Armstrong, Mohammad Azharuddin, Ian Bell, Colin Bland, David Boon, Michael Clarke, Colin Cowdrey, Daryl Cullinan, Aravinda de Silva, Kumar Duleepsinhji, Sourav Ganguly, Tom Graveney, Lindsay Hassett, Vijay Hazare, Michael Hussey, Archie Jackson, Stanley Jackson, Douglas Jardine, Mahela Jayawardene, Alvin Kallicharan, Younus Khan, Maurice Leyland, Saleem Malik, Damien Martyn, Mushtaq Mohammad, Seymour Nourse, Norman O'Neill, Richie Richardson, Lawrence Rowe, Thilan Samaraweera, Arthur Shrewsbury, Robin Smith, Herbie Taylor, Graeme Thorpe, Dilip Vengsarkar,
Gundappa Viswanath, Mark Waugh, Frank Woolley, Mohammad Yousuf

Suggested Spinners
Saeed Ajmal, Shakib Al Hasan, Bishan Bedi, Charlie Blythe, Johnny Briggs, Bhajwath Chandrasekhar, Subhash Gupte, Tony Lock, Stuart MacGill, Vinoo Mankad, Saqlain Mushtaq, Bobby Peel, Erapalli Prasanna, Abdul Qadir, Iqbal Qasim, Sonny Ramadhin, Wilfred Rhodes, Harbajhan Singh, Graeme Swann, Hugh Trumble, Alf Valentine, Daniel Vettori, Johnny Wardle

Last edited:

watson

Banned
Richie Richardson
Colin Cowdrey

Erapalli Prasanna

(have to finally agree with Jager's appraisal of Abdul Qadir and instead go for the most talented Indian spinner of the 70s)