RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.
marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!
Anyone want to join the Society?
Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.
Head says Faulkner, heart says Woolley for the batsman who can bowl spot in the team.
John Snow was an easy pick. Best English quick to pull on boots.
Faulkner and Snow it is.
1. Sachin Tendulkar 2. Adam Gilchrist 3. Brian Lara 4. Viv Richards 5. AB De Villiers 6. Michael Bevan 7.Kapil Dev 8. Richard Hadlee 9. Wasim Akram 10. Muttiah Muralitharan 11. Joel Garner
As usual my second pick not getting any votes so will switch from Gillespie to Croft.
Last edited by kyear2; 19-05-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Simpson^ | Hayden | Bradman | Chappell^ | Ponting | Border* | Gilchrist+ | Davidson3 | Warne4^ | Lillee1 | McGrath2
Greenidge | Hunte | Richards^ | Headley* | Lara^ | Sobers5^ | Walcott+ | Marshall1 | Ambrose2 | Holding3 | Garner4
Richards^ | Smith*^ | Amla | Pollock | Kallis5^ | Nourse | Cameron+ | Procter3 | Steyn1 | Tayfield4 | Donald2
Hobbs | Hutton*^ | Hammond^ | Compton | Barrington | Botham5^ | Knott | Trueman1 | Laker4 | Larwood2 | Barnes3
2. Charlie Turner
"I want to raise my hand and say one thing. Those who complain about my love for the game or commitment to the game are clueless. These are the only 2 areas where I give myself 100 out of 100."
- Sachin Tendulkar, as told in an interview published in Bengali newspaper Anandabazar Patrika after his 100th International century (translated by weldone)
World G XI
1. Vijay Merchant
2. Hanif Mohammad
3. Stan McCabe
4. Kevin Pietersen
5. Shivnarine Chanderpaul
6. Aubrey Faulkner
7. Farokh Engineer
8. Hugh Tayfield
9. Alec Bedser
10. Ian Bishop
11. Colin Croft
Interesting team. Jager is going to organize the next couple of teams.
1. J Hobbs 2. L Hutton 3. D Bradman 4. V Richards 5. S Tendulkar 6. G Sobers 7. A Gilchrist+ 8. I Khan 9 S. Warne 10. M Marshall 11. G McGrath
World A XI
1. S Gavaskar 2. H Sutcliffe 3. G Headley 4. B Lara 5. W Hammond 6. J Kallis 7. A Knott+ 8. R Hadlee 9. W Akram 10. C Ambrose 11. M Muralitharan
World B XI
1. B Richards 2. V Trumper 3. G Chappell 4. G Pollock 5. A Border 6. K Miller 7. L Ames+ 8. D Lillee 9. F Trueman 10. B O'Reilly 11. S Barnes
World C XI
1. G Boycott 2. W.G Grace 3. R Ponting 4. K Barrington 5. S Waugh 6. C Walcott+ 7. I Botham 8. A Davidson 9. M Holding 10. J Laker 11. A Donald
World D XI
1. G Greenidge 2. M Hayden 3. R Dravid 4. D Compton 5. E Weekes 6. F Worrell 7. D Lindsay+ 8. S Pollock 9. R Lindwall 10. J Garner 11. C Grimmett
World E XI
1. G Gooch 2. A Morris 3. N Harvey 4. J Miandad 5. D Nourse 6. A Flower+ 7. M Procter 8. R Benaud 9. D Steyn 10. A Roberts 11. W Younis
World F XI
1. B Mitchell 2. B Simpson 3. K Sangakkara 4. K Ranjitsinhji 5. C Macartney 6. C Lloyd 7. K Dev 8. D Tallon+ 9. H Verity 10. H Larwood 11. C Walsh
World G XI
1. V Merchant 2. H Mohammad 3. S McCabe 4. K Pietersen 5. S Chanderpaul 6. A Faulkner 7. F Engineer+ 8. H Tayfield 9. A Bedser 10. I Bishop 11. C Croft
Last edited by Jager; 20-05-2012 at 04:05 AM.
Oh for a strong arm and a walking stick
I'll try and mix things up again, just to keep things fresh.
1. Select three middle order batsmen
2. Select two openers
Suggested middle order batsman
Zaheer Abbas, Mohammad Azharuddin, Ian Chappell, Michael Clarke, Colin Cowdrey, Martin Crowe, Aravinda de Silva, Ted Dexter, AB de Villiers, Kumar Duleepsinhji, David Gower, Tom Graveney, Tony Greig, Lindsay Hassett, Vijay Hazare, Clem Hill, Stanley Jackson, Douglas Jardine, Mahela Jayawardene, Alvin Kallicharan, Younus Khan, Rohan Kanhai, VVS Laxman, Peter May, Norman O'Neill, Eddie Paynter, Lawrence Rowe, Arthur Shrewsbury, Herbie Taylor, Graeme Thorpe, Inzamam ul-Haq, Dilip Vengsarkar, Doug Walters, Mark Waugh, Frank Woolley, Mohammad Yousuf
Suggested opening batsman
Dennis Amiss, Saeed Anwar, Eddie Barlow, Alastair Cook, John Edrich, Roy Fredericks, Herschelle Gibbs, Trevor Goddard, Desmond Haynes, Conrad Hunte, Sanath Jayasuriya, Bill Lawry, Justin Langer, Archie McLaren, Bill Ponsford, Mark Richardson, Virender Sehwag, Michael Slater, Graeme Smith, Navjot Sidhu, Alec Stewart, Mark Taylor, Marcus Trescothick, Glenn Turner, Cyril Washbrook, Bill Woodfull
Last edited by Jager; 20-05-2012 at 04:33 AM.
Crowe, Hazare, Jardine
Sehwag, G Smith
Last edited by G.I.Joe; 20-05-2012 at 04:28 AM.
'You will look very silly said Mr Salteena with a dry laugh.
Well so will you said Ethel in a snappy tone and she ran out of the room with a very superier run throwing out her legs behind and her arms swinging in rithum.
Well said the owner of the house she has a most idiotick run.'
Jager, I think you used an old suggested batsman list - Sangakkara, Lloyd, Macartney are all chosen.
1 Ted Dexter, Martin Crowe and Doug Walters
2 Bill Lawry and Conrad Hunte - I love these two as a pair, I just think they would work superbly together.
1) Inzamam ul-Haq, Mohammad Yousuf, Mahela Jayawardene
2) Graeme Smith, Dennis Amiss
Last edited by Cabinet96; 20-05-2012 at 04:37 AM.
RIP Philip Hughes - 1988-2014
The Wheel of Mediocrity | Compton, Root, Carberry, Robson, Trott, Lyth, Moeen, Hales | The wheel is forever
Founder and Grand Wizard of the CW Football Thread Statluminati. Potential hater of abilities. Blocked on twitter by Michael Vaughan, Brad McNamara and AtlCricket for my hard hitting truths.
Gower, Crowe, Hazare
Hassett, Crowe, Kanhai
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)