RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.
marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!
Anyone want to join the Society?
Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.
Head says Faulkner, heart says Woolley for the batsman who can bowl spot in the team.
John Snow was an easy pick. Best English quick to pull on boots.
Faulkner and Snow it is.
Fred Spofforth, 'The Demon Speaks'The figures Sir Home Hordon has shown me of what Grace did in matches against me, 37 innings, 1042 runs, 28.16 average, considerably less than his general average, hears out my theory that I never had any particular difficulty in getting him out. I clean bowled him seven times, ACM Croome says that WG told him that on any wicket he never knew when I should bowl him. This may have been due in part to my artfulness......
As usual my second pick not getting any votes so will switch from Gillespie to Croft.
Last edited by kyear2; 19-05-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Simpson^ | Hayden | Bradman | Chappell^ | Ponting | Border* | Gilchrist+ | Davidson3 | Warne4^ | Lillee1 | McGrath2
Greenidge | Hunte | Richards^ | Headley* | Lara^ | Sobers5^ | Walcott+ | Marshall1 | Ambrose2 | Holding3 | Garner4
Richards^ | Smith*^ | Amla | Pollock | Kallis5^ | Nourse | Cameron+ | Procter3 | Steyn1 | Tayfield4 | Donald2
Hobbs | Hutton*^ | Hammond^ | Compton | Barrington | Botham5^ | Knott | Trueman1 | Laker4 | Larwood2 | Barnes3
2. Charlie Turner
World G XI
1. Vijay Merchant
2. Hanif Mohammad
3. Stan McCabe
4. Kevin Pietersen
5. Shivnarine Chanderpaul
6. Aubrey Faulkner
7. Farokh Engineer
8. Hugh Tayfield
9. Alec Bedser
10. Ian Bishop
11. Colin Croft
Interesting team. Jager is going to organize the next couple of teams.
1. J Hobbs 2. L Hutton 3. D Bradman 4. V Richards 5. S Tendulkar 6. G Sobers 7. A Gilchrist+ 8. I Khan 9 S. Warne 10. M Marshall 11. G McGrath
World A XI
1. S Gavaskar 2. H Sutcliffe 3. G Headley 4. B Lara 5. W Hammond 6. J Kallis 7. A Knott+ 8. R Hadlee 9. W Akram 10. C Ambrose 11. M Muralitharan
World B XI
1. B Richards 2. V Trumper 3. G Chappell 4. G Pollock 5. A Border 6. K Miller 7. L Ames+ 8. D Lillee 9. F Trueman 10. B O'Reilly 11. S Barnes
World C XI
1. G Boycott 2. W.G Grace 3. R Ponting 4. K Barrington 5. S Waugh 6. C Walcott+ 7. I Botham 8. A Davidson 9. M Holding 10. J Laker 11. A Donald
World D XI
1. G Greenidge 2. M Hayden 3. R Dravid 4. D Compton 5. E Weekes 6. F Worrell 7. D Lindsay+ 8. S Pollock 9. R Lindwall 10. J Garner 11. C Grimmett
World E XI
1. G Gooch 2. A Morris 3. N Harvey 4. J Miandad 5. D Nourse 6. A Flower+ 7. M Procter 8. R Benaud 9. D Steyn 10. A Roberts 11. W Younis
World F XI
1. B Mitchell 2. B Simpson 3. K Sangakkara 4. K Ranjitsinhji 5. C Macartney 6. C Lloyd 7. K Dev 8. D Tallon+ 9. H Verity 10. H Larwood 11. C Walsh
World G XI
1. V Merchant 2. H Mohammad 3. S McCabe 4. K Pietersen 5. S Chanderpaul 6. A Faulkner 7. F Engineer+ 8. H Tayfield 9. A Bedser 10. I Bishop 11. C Croft
Last edited by Jager; 20-05-2012 at 04:05 AM.
Oh for a strong arm and a walking stick
I'll try and mix things up again, just to keep things fresh.
1. Select three middle order batsmen
2. Select two openers
Suggested middle order batsman
Zaheer Abbas, Mohammad Azharuddin, Ian Chappell, Michael Clarke, Colin Cowdrey, Martin Crowe, Aravinda de Silva, Ted Dexter, AB de Villiers, Kumar Duleepsinhji, David Gower, Tom Graveney, Tony Greig, Lindsay Hassett, Vijay Hazare, Clem Hill, Stanley Jackson, Douglas Jardine, Mahela Jayawardene, Alvin Kallicharan, Younus Khan, Rohan Kanhai, VVS Laxman, Peter May, Norman O'Neill, Eddie Paynter, Lawrence Rowe, Arthur Shrewsbury, Herbie Taylor, Graeme Thorpe, Inzamam ul-Haq, Dilip Vengsarkar, Doug Walters, Mark Waugh, Frank Woolley, Mohammad Yousuf
Suggested opening batsman
Dennis Amiss, Saeed Anwar, Eddie Barlow, Alastair Cook, John Edrich, Roy Fredericks, Herschelle Gibbs, Trevor Goddard, Desmond Haynes, Conrad Hunte, Sanath Jayasuriya, Bill Lawry, Justin Langer, Archie McLaren, Bill Ponsford, Mark Richardson, Virender Sehwag, Michael Slater, Graeme Smith, Navjot Sidhu, Alec Stewart, Mark Taylor, Marcus Trescothick, Glenn Turner, Cyril Washbrook, Bill Woodfull
Last edited by Jager; 20-05-2012 at 04:33 AM.
Jager, I think you used an old suggested batsman list - Sangakkara, Lloyd, Macartney are all chosen.
1 Ted Dexter, Martin Crowe and Doug Walters
2 Bill Lawry and Conrad Hunte - I love these two as a pair, I just think they would work superbly together.
1) Inzamam ul-Haq, Mohammad Yousuf, Mahela Jayawardene
2) Graeme Smith, Dennis Amiss
Last edited by Cabinet96; 20-05-2012 at 04:37 AM.
RIP Philip Hughes - 1988-2014
Founder and Grand Wizard of the CW Football Thread Statluminati. Potential hater of abilities. Blocked on twitter by Michael Vaughan, Brad McNamara and AtlCricket for my hard hitting truths.
Gower, Crowe, Hazare
Hassett, Crowe, Kanhai
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)