Graeme Smith & Bruce Mitchell
Graeme Smith & Bruce Mitchell
CricZo XI - 3 Draft Winner
Scorecard Draft (2010) V Sehwag, D Amiss, D Bradman (c), C Cowdrey, P Umrigar, A Faulkner, R Marsh +, M Marshall, W Hall, M Hughes, B O'Reilly
Alphabetical Draft (2011) S Watson, G Kirsten, D Bradman (c), K Sangakkara +, C Cowdrey, K Pietersen, A Flintoff, M Marshall, B O'Reilly, F Trueman, T Alderman
The Eras Draft (2014) V Trumper, A Morris, N Harvey, J Kallis, S McCabe, F Woolley, Imran Khan (c), J Dujon +, J Briggs, D Steyn, J Snow
Nourse and Steyn
RIP Phil Hughes. Forever 63*
Personally, I think now is the time to fit in a Flower or Sangakkara as a wicketkeeper, and include some extra bowling strength; have Faulkner and someone like Kapil Dev in the side together. That's what this side, IMO, needs to be able to try and compete with those above it.
Batsman with a little bit of genius about him. Uber talented, and capable of matching it with any of the best bowlers.
Helps me with my lower order strength, one of the great all-rounders who can make this team as a bowler alone. If I can sneak in Dev to the side, then we are going to have great strength around the 7-8 part of the order.
Two South Africans join the team today, with Nourse and Steyn winning by 2 point margins.
World E XI
1 Graham Gooch
2 Arthur Morris
3 Neil Harvey
4 Javed Miandad
5 Dudley Nourse
8 Richie Benaud
9 Dale Steyn
10 Andy Roberts
11 Waqar Younis
Wasim Bari, Jack Blackham, Mark Boucher, MS Dhoni, Jeffrey Dujon, Farokh Engineer, Godfrey Evans, Andy Flower, Wally Grout, Ian Healy, Jackie Hendriks, Prasanna Jayawardene, Syed Kirmani, Rashid Latif, Rodney Marsh, Bert Oldfield, Matt Prior, Jack Russell, Kumar Sangakkara, Ian Smith, Alec Stewart, Don Tallon, Bob Taylor, John Waite
1) Select a Wicket Keeper
2) Select a player for the final remaining position.
To avoid picking a player already chosen for question 2, here are the teams so far:
1. J Hobbs 2. L Hutton 3. D Bradman 4. V Richards 5. S Tendulkar 6. G Sobers 7. A Gilchrist 8. I Khan 9 S. Warne 10. M Marshall 11. G McGrath
World A XI
1. S Gavaskar 2. H Sutcliffe 3. G Headley 4. B Lara 5. W Hammond 6. J Kallis 7. A Knott 8. R Hadlee 9. W Akram 10. C Ambrose 11. M Muralitharan
World B XI
1. B Richards 2. V Trumper 3. G Chappell 4. G Pollock 5. A Border 6. K Miller 7. L Ames 8. D Lillee 9. F Trueman 10. B O'Reilly 11. S Barnes
World C XI
1. Geoff Boycott 2. W.G Grace 3. Ricky Ponting 4. Ken Barrington 5. Stephen Waugh 6. Clyde Walcott 7. Ian Botham 8. Davidson 9. Holding 10. Laker 11. Donald
World D XI
1. Gordon Greenidge 2. Matthew Hayden 3. Rahul Dravid 4. Denis Compton 5. Everton Weekes 6. Frank Worrell 7. Denis Lindsay 8. Shaun Pollock 9. Ray Lindwall 10. Joel Garner 11. Clarrie Grimmett
Don't see the need for another bowling player, but a gritty batsman and the best glovesman.
marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!
Anyone want to join the Society?
Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.
Engineer and Procter
Hugh Tayfield (offie to complement Benauds leggies)
Benaud to bat at 7
Simpson^ | Hayden | Bradman | Chappell^ | Ponting | Border* | Gilchrist+ | Davidson3 | Warne4^ | Lillee1 | McGrath2
Greenidge | Hunte | Richards^ | Headley* | Lara^ | Sobers5^ | Walcott+ | Marshall1 | Ambrose2 | Holding3 | Garner4
Richards^ | Smith*^ | Amla | Pollock | Kallis5^ | Nourse | Cameron+ | Procter3 | Steyn1 | Tayfield4 | Donald2
Hobbs | Hutton*^ | Hammond^ | Compton | Barrington | Botham5^ | Knott | Trueman1 | Laker4 | Larwood2 | Barnes3
1. Andy Flower
2. Kumar Sangakkara
"I want to raise my hand and say one thing. Those who complain about my love for the game or commitment to the game are clueless. These are the only 2 areas where I give myself 100 out of 100."
- Sachin Tendulkar, as told in an interview published in Bengali newspaper Anandabazar Patrika after his 100th International century (translated by weldone)
Even though I don't like choosing wicketkeepers for their their batting, I am very tempted to go with Flower here. I won't though...
Tallon provides a masterful wicketkeeper with very underrated batting. He was ill for a significant portion of his test career, which affected his overall record. Faulkner because I think Procter deserves the new ball if selected and Faulkner's batting is slightly stronger.
Oh for a strong arm and a walking stick
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)