• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG World XI's game

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Personally, I think now is the time to fit in a Flower or Sangakkara as a wicketkeeper, and include some extra bowling strength; have Faulkner and someone like Kapil Dev in the side together. That's what this side, IMO, needs to be able to try and compete with those above it.

Martin Crowe

Batsman with a little bit of genius about him. Uber talented, and capable of matching it with any of the best bowlers.

Mike Proctor

Helps me with my lower order strength, one of the great all-rounders who can make this team as a bowler alone. If I can sneak in Dev to the side, then we are going to have great strength around the 7-8 part of the order.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Two South Africans join the team today, with Nourse and Steyn winning by 2 point margins.

World E XI
1 Graham Gooch
2 Arthur Morris
3 Neil Harvey
4 Javed Miandad
5 Dudley Nourse
8 Richie Benaud
9 Dale Steyn
10 Andy Roberts
11 Waqar Younis

Suggested Keepers
Wasim Bari, Jack Blackham, Mark Boucher, MS Dhoni, Jeffrey Dujon, Farokh Engineer, Godfrey Evans, Andy Flower, Wally Grout, Ian Healy, Jackie Hendriks, Prasanna Jayawardene, Syed Kirmani, Rashid Latif, Rodney Marsh, Bert Oldfield, Matt Prior, Jack Russell, Kumar Sangakkara, Ian Smith, Alec Stewart, Don Tallon, Bob Taylor, John Waite

1) Select a Wicket Keeper
2) Select a player for the final remaining position.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
To avoid picking a player already chosen for question 2, here are the teams so far:

World XI
1. J Hobbs 2. L Hutton 3. D Bradman 4. V Richards 5. S Tendulkar 6. G Sobers 7. A Gilchrist 8. I Khan 9 S. Warne 10. M Marshall 11. G McGrath

World A XI
1. S Gavaskar 2. H Sutcliffe 3. G Headley 4. B Lara 5. W Hammond 6. J Kallis 7. A Knott 8. R Hadlee 9. W Akram 10. C Ambrose 11. M Muralitharan

World B XI
1. B Richards 2. V Trumper 3. G Chappell 4. G Pollock 5. A Border 6. K Miller 7. L Ames 8. D Lillee 9. F Trueman 10. B O'Reilly 11. S Barnes

World C XI
1. Geoff Boycott 2. W.G Grace 3. Ricky Ponting 4. Ken Barrington 5. Stephen Waugh 6. Clyde Walcott 7. Ian Botham 8. Davidson 9. Holding 10. Laker 11. Donald

World D XI
1. Gordon Greenidge 2. Matthew Hayden 3. Rahul Dravid 4. Denis Compton 5. Everton Weekes 6. Frank Worrell 7. Denis Lindsay 8. Shaun Pollock 9. Ray Lindwall 10. Joel Garner 11. Clarrie Grimmett

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Abstain from the wicketkeeper vote. I'm not sure who to select.

Aubrey Faulkner to bat at 6.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Chanderpaul
Russell

Don't see the need for another bowling player, but a gritty batsman and the best glovesman.

Jager

International Debutant
Even though I don't like choosing wicketkeepers for their their batting, I am very tempted to go with Flower here. I won't though...

Don Tallon
Aubrey Faulkner

Tallon provides a masterful wicketkeeper with very underrated batting. He was ill for a significant portion of his test career, which affected his overall record. Faulkner because I think Procter deserves the new ball if selected and Faulkner's batting is slightly stronger.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Sangakkara

I think it's time that we pull him in, and I want him to bat. I think there is, to some extent, a coincidence part of his record with gloves/without gloves, entering his prime when he dropped them. So I want him to bat at 6 for my team.

Mike Proctor

I think his inclusion makes this team very fearsome, a very good bowling attack and great batting depth. No mugs with the bat get 48 FC hundreds. And obviously his bowling is of the highest standard.