Page 13 of 129 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: The ATG World XI's game

If it turns out a tie between my player and another, the other player will win. I just feel like voting.

1) Graeme Pollock
    2) Yes, Don Bradman
    3) Fred Trueman and Dennis Lillee

Final slot vote count
    Last contributor: Jacknife

Kallis: 6
    Miller: 2
    Pollock: 7

Third team opening bowlers vote count

Barnes: 7
    Lillee: 10
    Trueman: 9
    Garner: 2
    Donald: 2

I voted Trueman and Garner.
    Last edited by Jager; 01-05-2012 at 05:23 PM.
    Oh for a strong arm and a walking stick

G Pollock
    Yes, Hutton
    Lillee and Trueman

G Pollock

I think that the side has enough bowling, Murali capable of long spells, Hammond bowling handy mediums. So I'll take one of the best left handers of all time to strengthen the batting line-up and give the team enough runs to play with.

Nah, don't worry about the captaincy at this stage. Maybe at the end.

As for the World B team...

Lillee

A man with enough tools to ruin the best of batting line-ups, he is capable of making this team competitive against the teams already chosen.

Trueman

Outstanding strike rate, and in combination with Lillee will form a fearsome opening attack. Will worry about steadier options (probably Davidson) later on.

Graeme Pollock fro the number 6 position.

No, we can decide on captains later

Lillee and Barnes to open the bowling for the next team

International Vice-Captain kyear2's Avatar
    Was thinking Faulkner as Hammond already gives us fast medium, but with Sobers at 6 for the other squad we need the extra batter and bowling security blanket.
    Denis Lillee and Fred Trueman as both should have been in the previous 11.
    Captaincy yes. Tough one though. Should deal with after. Viv, Imran, Sobers and Bradman all worthy.
    Aus. XI
    Simpson^ | Hayden | Bradman | Chappell^ | Ponting | Border* | Gilchrist+ | Davidson3 | Warne4^ | Lillee1 | McGrath2

W.I. XI
    Greenidge | Hunte | Richards^ | Headley* | Lara^ | Sobers5^ | Walcott+ | Marshall1 | Ambrose2 | Holding3 | Garner4

S.A. XI
    Richards^ | Smith*^ | Amla | Pollock | Kallis5^ | Nourse | Waite+ | Procter3 | Steyn1 | Tayfield4 | Donald2

Eng. XI
    Hobbs | Hutton*^ | Hammond^ | Compton | Barrington | Botham5^ | Knott | Trueman1 | Laker4 | Larwood2 | Barnes3

Wait, were you choosing Faulkner or not?

Sorry Kallis

Okay I will add it on! By the way, does anyone know why Smali got banned/is it permanent?

Smali is banned for a week. I don't know why exactly he got banned but it will be good when he comes back..

Just a question for the people picking Kallis - Do you see him moving up the order or are you happy with him coming in at six behind a quality top order? Also, how many overs do you think Kallis would get through in a normal 90 over day with Hadlee, Ambrose, Wasim and Murali already in the attack?

Was wondering the same. Not a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Smali is banned for a week. I don't know why exactly he got banned but it will be good when he comes back..

Just a question for the people picking Kallis - Do you see him moving up the order or are you happy with him coming in at six behind a quality top order? Also, how many overs do you think Kallis would get through in a normal 90 over day with Hadlee, Ambrose, Wasim and Murali already in the attack?
    As I had said he would just be the bolwing security blanket just in case, he can aso better shepherd the tail and would join Lara and Hammond in the slips to form the greatest cordon EVER.

Quote Originally Posted by kyear2 View Post
    As I had said he would just be the bolwing security blanket just in case, he can aso better shepherd the tail and would join Lara and Hammond in the slips to form the greatest cordon EVER.
    You're right about his slipping, he is so reliable- was Lara any good? I have no recollection of him fielding since I wasn't interested in cricket back then. In response to NUFAN- I think Kallis should go at 4, Hammond 5 and Lara 6, but that's just me and will probably be wrong in the eyes of many others

My recollection of Lara in the slips was of him being pretty good, without being great. A more agile Warne, maybe not quite as safe with the simple ones though.

Its weird though having Kallis at 4 and making the two batsman who received the most votes for the 3-5 positions to bat at 5 and 6.

Kyear, I thought Hammond could be the security blanket. Hadlee and Murali in particular were often bowling lots of overs in a day and Ambrose and Akram were quality, so I think the fifth bowler would be lucky to get through 5-6 overs in a day.

I'll definitely agree with you on Kallis catching ability, very safe pair of hands.

Thread Information