• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG World XI's game

Eds

International Debutant
1. As listed.
2. As listed.
3. Victor Trumper and WG Grace.
4. Keith Miller.

Jager

International Debutant
I really think that if we make good choices, this B team could potentially be as good as the A team. It already looks formidable with Lillee and Trueman sharing the new ball.
This team is definitely going to be good. I think we will end up with four to six excellent teams which could all win the sim given things go their way. Also, I'm on the tram now but I will do a vote tally when I get home.

Jager

International Debutant
1. Hobbs, Hutton, Bradman, Tendulkar, Richards, Sobers, Gilchrist, Imran, Marshall, Warne, McGrath
2. Sutcliffe, Gavaskar, Headley, Kallis, Hammond, Lara, Knott, Wasim, Hadlee, Murali, Ambrose
3. Richards, Trumper
4. Keith Miller

kingkallis

International Coach
1. Hobbs, Hutton, Bradman, Tendulkar, Richards, Sobers, Gilchrist, Imran, Marshall, Warne, McGrath
2. Sutcliffe, Gavaskar, Headley, Kallis, Hammond, Lara, Knott, Wasim, Hadlee, Murali, Ambrose
3. Richards, Trumper
4. Keith Miller
No matter how much I love Kallis @ No.4 but cant see Lara batting @ No.6

Jager

International Debutant
No matter how much I love Kallis @ No.4 but cant see Lara batting @ No.6
Yeah, I know what you're saying in a way but I think that Lara has a style far more suited to 6. Kallis can be the rock of the team in his preferred position and Lara can play as a free spirit in 6 (that was my thinking)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Hobbs, Hutton, Bradman, Richards, Tendulkar, Sobers, Gilchrist, Imran, Marshall, Warne, McGrath

If SRT doesn't like it he can **** off out the team.

Gavaskar, Sutcliffe, Headley, Lara, Hammond, Kallis, Knott, Hadlee, Wasim, Murali, Ambrose

Boycott & Richards

Botham

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Hobbs, Hutton, Bradman, Richards, Tendulkar, Sobers, Gilchrist, Khan, Marshall, Warne, Mcgrath.

Headley, Lara, Hammond, Kallis.

Barry Richards, Victor Trumper

Keith Miller.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Kallis temerament is best suited at 6 to help shepherd the tail.

Trumper and Richards could be more effective than Sunny and Sutcliffe and would definately score much faster.

Jacknife

International Captain
Happy with the batting line ups you've got mate.

Barry Richards and Graham Gooch

Sir Ian Botham.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Happy with the current batting lineups.

Richards and Hayden for the openers, Miller for the all-rounder.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It looks like all the usual voters have already voted this round, so no point in waiting as I have a spare few minutes which will probably turn into a wasted hour.

The batting lineups had a few debates especially regarding Richards vs Tendulkar, Marshall vs Warne and Lara vs Hammond. Overall though most people were happy with the current lineups. I guess next time I might make abstain as an option because I wonder if some people just wrote that they are happy because they are not fussed and wouldn't mind either way. I personally would prefer Hammond ahead of Lara now that Kallis is in the side, but that differs from the norm.

World XI
1 J Hobbs 2 L Hutton 3 D Bradman 4 V Richards 5 S Tendulkar 6 G Sobers 7 A Gilchrist 8 I Khan 9 S Warne 10 M Marshall 11 G McGrath

World A XI
1 S Gavaskar 2 H Sutcliffe 3 G Headley 4 B Lara 5 W Hammond 6 J Kallis 7 A Knott 8 R Hadlee 9 W Akram 10 C Ambrose 11 M Muralitharan

World B Results
Barry Richards won in a canter receiving 13/15 votes. He'll share the opening duties with Victor Trumper who received 6/15 votes. Keith Miller was as dominant as Richards, receiving 11 from 15 votes.

World B XI so far
1 B Richards
2 V Trumper
7 K Miller
9 D Lillee
10 F Trueman

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Obviously Miller might not end up 7, we will see.

Today I'll ask for you all to select the batsman to fill the numbers 3 and 4 positions. Some of the names below predominantly batted lower, but I just kept them in. Again if I forget someone, let me know.

Suggested list
Ken Barrington, Allan Border, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Greg Chappell, Dennis Compton, Martin Crowe, Ted Dexter, Rahul Dravid, Andy Flower, David Gower, Neil Harvey, Vijay Hazare, Mahela Jayawardene, Rohan Kanhai, Clive Lloyd, Charlie Macartney, Peter May, Stan McCabe, Javed Miandad, Dudley Nourse, Graeme Pollock, Ricky Ponting, Kumar Sangakkara, Inzamam ul-Haq, Clyde Walcott, Doug Walters, Steve Waugh, Everton Weekes, Frank Worrell, Mohammad Yousuf.

Also select a spin bowler..

Suggested shortlist
Bishan Bedi, Richie Benaud, Charlie Blythe, Johnny Briggs, Bhajwath Chandrasekhar, Aubrey Faulkner, Lance Gibbs, Clarrie Grimmett, Subhash Gupte, Anil Kumble, Jim Laker, Stuart MacGill, Saqlain Mushtaq, Bill O’Reilly, Bobby Peel, Erapalli Prasanna, Abdul Qadir, Wilfred Rhodes, Graeme Swann, Hugh Tayfield, Hugh Trumble, Derek Underwood, Hedley Verity, Johnny Wardle

1) Select 2 batsman to fill the number 3 and 4 positions in the World B team
2) Select a spinner for the World B team.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Greg Chappell

Another player who proved himself against the best of his time, having success against the Windies and in WSC. His lowest average against a team was 45. Can also contribute with some handy medium pace.

Graeme Pollock

Selected him for the number 6 slot in the last team, sets up our batting order with two of the finest players.

Bill O'Reilly

Think he's the only one with the numbers, maybe Laker or Kumble through longevity, to get a spot in this side.

Jager

International Debutant
Ken Barrington (changed from Greg Chappell)
Graeme Pollock
Bill O'Reilly

Last edited:

Jager

International Debutant
Votes so far
Last voter: kyear2

Greg Chappell: 6
Graeme Pollock: 8
Ken Barrington: 3
Allan Border: 1
Rahul Dravid: 1