RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.
I'm confident everyone who wants to vote have had enough time to vote by now..
1. Mohammad Asif
2. Dilip Vengsarkar
"I want to raise my hand and say one thing. Those who complain about my love for the game or commitment to the game are clueless. These are the only 2 areas where I give myself 100 out of 100."
- Sachin Tendulkar, as told in an interview published in Bengali newspaper Anandabazar Patrika after his 100th International century (translated by weldone)
Mohammad Asif - 4
Merv Hughes - 4
Sylvester Clarke - 5
Wayne Daniel - 0
Seymour Nurse - 1
Mushtaq Mohammad - 3
John R Reid - 1
Saleem Malik - 1
Thilan Samaraweera - 1
Gerry Gomez - 1
Robin Smith - 1
Brian McMillan - 1
Basil D'Oliveira - 1
Dilip Vengsarkar - 1
World Q XI
- John Edrich
- Dennis Amiss
- Alvin Kallicharan
- Mohammad Azharuddin
- Damien Martyn
- Mushtaq Mohammad
- Rashid Latif +
- Heath Streak
- Sylvester Clarke
- Erapalli Prassana
- Bhagwath Chandrasehkar
Last edited by Dan; 18-06-2012 at 01:52 AM.
The world elevens
World XI (1)
1. J Hobbs 2. L Hutton 3. D Bradman 4. V Richards 5. S Tendulkar 6. G Sobers 7. A Gilchrist+ 8. I Khan 9 S. Warne 10. M Marshall 11. G McGrath
World A XI (2)
1. S Gavaskar 2. H Sutcliffe 3. G Headley 4. B Lara 5. W Hammond 6. J Kallis 7. A Knott+ 8. R Hadlee 9. W Akram 10. C Ambrose 11. M Muralitharan
World B XI (3)
1. B Richards 2. V Trumper 3. G Chappell 4. G Pollock 5. A Border 6. K Miller 7. L Ames+ 8. D Lillee 9. F Trueman 10. B O'Reilly 11. S Barnes
World C XI (4)
1. G Boycott 2. W.G Grace 3. R Ponting 4. K Barrington 5. S Waugh 6. C Walcott+ 7. I Botham 8. A Davidson 9. M Holding 10. J Laker 11. A Donald
World D XI (5)
1. G Greenidge 2. M Hayden 3. R Dravid 4. D Compton 5. E Weekes 6. F Worrell 7. D Lindsay+ 8. S Pollock 9. R Lindwall 10. J Garner 11. C Grimmett
World E XI (6)
1. G Gooch 2. A Morris 3. N Harvey 4. J Miandad 5. D Nourse 6. A Flower+ 7. M Procter 8. R Benaud 9. D Steyn 10. A Roberts 11. W Younis
World F XI (7)
1. B Mitchell 2. B Simpson 3. K Sangakkara 4. K Ranjitsinhji 5. C Macartney 6. C Lloyd 7. K Dev 8. D Tallon+ 9. H Verity 10. H Larwood 11. C Walsh
World G XI (8)
1. V Merchant 2. H Mohammad 3. S McCabe 4. K Pietersen 5. S Chanderpaul 6. A Faulkner 7. F Engineer+ 8. H Tayfield 9. A Bedser 10. I Bishop 11. C Croft
World H XI (9)
1. G Smith 2. V Sehwag 3. R Kanhai 4. M Crowe 5. Inzamam ul-Haq 6. D Walters 7. I Healy+ 8. M Tate 9. A Kumble 10. W Hall 11. J Snow
World I XI (10)
1. W Ponsford 2. W Lawry 3. T Dexter 4. P May 5. D Gower 6. A Greig 7. J Dujon+ 8. P Pollock 9. C Turner 10. B Statham 11. L Gibbs
World J XI (11)
1. T Goddard 2. E Barlow 3. I Chappell 4. E Paynter 5. AB de Villiers 6. VVS Laxman 7. J Waite+ 8. G Lohmann 9. D Underwood 10. F Tyson 11. N Adcock
World K XI (12)
1. D Haynes 2. B Woodfull 3. C Hill 4. M Jayawardene 5. A Jackson 6. A Stewart+ 7. C Cairns 8. A Flintoff 9. W Rhodes 10. F Mahmood 11. B Willis
World L XI (13)
1. S Anwar 2. C Hunte 3. R Richardson 4. L Hassett 5. C Cowdrey 6. W Armstrong 7. R Marsh+ 8. J Wardle 9. S Bond 10. J Thomson 11. T Richardson
World M XI (14)
1. G Kirsten 2. R Fredericks 3. D Boon 4. M Yousuf 5. V Hazare 6. S Jackson 7. G Evans+ 8. J Briggs 9. J Gillespie 10. F Spofforth 11. S Akhtar
World N XI (15)
1. A Cook 2. J Langer 3. Z Abbas 4. G Thorpe 5. M Clarke 6. M Waugh 7. M Noble 8. G Swann 9. J Blackham+ 10. J Cowie 11. B Johnston
World O XI (16)
1. S Barnes 2. M Taylor 3. Y Khan 4. D Jardine 5. A de Silva 6. V Mankad 7. J Russell+ 8. C Vaas 9. H Trumble 10. C McDermott 11. J Anderson
World P XI (17)
1. G Turner 2. M Slater 3. M Leyland 4. H Taylor 5. M Hussey 6. F Woolley 7. M Prior+ 8. J Gregory 9. T Lock 10. M Ntini 11. B Reid
World Q XI (18)
1. J Edrich 2. D Amiss 3. A Kallicharan 4. M Azharuddin 5. D Martyn 6. M Mohammad 7. R Latif+ 8. H Streak 9. S Clarke 10. E Prassana 11. B Chandrasehkar
Oh for a strong arm and a walking stick
Three spinners and no third pace option? What the?
Thanks rvd. I'll take the next one.
1. Select your two quicks
2. Select your spinner
3. Select your wicketkeeper
Mohammad Asif, Terry Alderman, Kenny Benjamin, Bill Bowes, Stuart Broad, Andy Caddick, Lance Cairns, Stuart Clark, Learie Constantine, Wayne Daniel, Fanie de Villiers, Darren Gough, Charlie Griffith, Steve Harmison, Neil Hawke, Peter Heine, Ken Higgs, George Hirst, Merv Hughes, Mitchell Johnson, Zaheer Khan, Brett Lee, Lasith Malinga, Garth McKenzie, Danny Morrison, Dick Motz, Sarfraz Nawaz, Patrick Patterson, Vernon Philander, Paul Reiffel, Peter Siddle, Amar Singh, Javagal Srinath, Ernie Toshack, Max Walker.
Mushtaq Ahmed, Saeed Ajmal, Shakib Al-Hasan, Bishan Bedi, Charlie Blythe, George Giffen, Subhash Gupte, Regana Herath, Bert Ironmonger, Jack Iverson, Ian Johnson, Lindsay Kline, Stuart MacGill, Arthur Mailey, Saqlain Mushtaq, Bobby Peel, Abdul Qadir, Iqbal Qasim, Sonny Ramadhin, Pervez Sajjad, Reggie Schwarz, Harbajhan Singh, Alf Valentine, Daniel Vettori, Bert Vogler.
Gerry Alexander, Wasim Bari, Mark Boucher, Jock Cameron, MS Dhoni, Wally Grout, Jackie Hendriks, David Houghton, Prasanna Jayawardene, Syed Kirmani, Deryck Murray, Bert Oldfield, Adam Parore, Ian Smith, Bob Taylor, Hashan Tillekaratne, Dave Richardson
Last edited by Jager; 19-06-2012 at 01:10 AM.
1. Graham McKenzie, Vernon Philander
2. Bert Ironmonger
3. Mahendra Dhoni
Merv Hughes and Javigal Srinath
I just want to suggest a few extra players if I can.
quicks: Patrick Patterson, Steve Harmison, Mitchell Johnson, Paul Reiffel, Kenny Benjamin, Danny Morrison.
opener: Ian Redpath
middle order: Darren Lehmann, Basil D'Oliveira, Polly Umrigar (if he's not already there).
Last edited by NUFAN; 18-06-2012 at 03:23 AM.
Wayne Daniel & Javagal Srinath
- BenaudFortunately, tonight is a reminder that older people and older players have the opportunity to applaud all the good things done by the modern-day players – their ability to play outstanding attacking cricket, their flair and inspiration and innovation; and it’s a reminder also, in a quiet way, to the modern-day players that good things have happened before, that in every era there have always been cricketers who have served the game well and have loved it, and wanted to see it flourish
Why not? A leg spinner is a far more attacking option than a boring right-arm fast medium who is likely to be cannon fodder for likes of Viv Richards and co.
In this team, if you needed quick wickets then you'd have Chandra bowling in tandom with either Mushtaq or Sylvestor Clarke. Prassana and Streak could be brought back after the break-through to keep the pressure on.
Last edited by watson; 18-06-2012 at 03:59 AM.
Asif & Philander
Last edited by kingkallis; 18-06-2012 at 04:04 AM.
CricZo XI - 3 Draft Winner
Scorecard Draft (2010) V Sehwag, D Amiss, D Bradman (c), C Cowdrey, P Umrigar, A Faulkner, R Marsh +, M Marshall, W Hall, M Hughes, B O'Reilly
Alphabetical Draft (2011) S Watson, G Kirsten, D Bradman (c), K Sangakkara +, C Cowdrey, K Pietersen, A Flintoff, M Marshall, B O'Reilly, F Trueman, T Alderman
The Eras Draft (2014) V Trumper, A Morris, N Harvey, J Kallis, S McCabe, F Woolley, Imran Khan (c), J Dujon +, J Briggs, D Steyn, J Snow
There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)