Cricket Player Manager
Page 10 of 129 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: The ATG World XI's game

Hey Ankit, we'll just do number 9 first, not the number 6 role. The reason being is that we might chose a different option for 6 depending on who we select at 9.

So tomorrow we'll do a vote for number 6 and we can even do wicket keeper for Team B and two opening batsman at the same time if things seem too slow..

I think we need a player like Keith Miller here, but I don't think he should bat at 9 seeing as he usually batted in the top order (obviously he'd drop down slots in n ATG side, but he's no number 9). Should I vote for him in the 6 or 9 section?
    Oh for a strong arm and a walking stick

International Captain kingkallis's Avatar
    Curtley Ambrose, Allan Donald

Muttiah Muralitharan

Yes

or am I too late?
    CricZo XI - 3 Draft Winner

Scorecard Draft (2010) V Sehwag, D Amiss, D Bradman (c), C Cowdrey, P Umrigar, A Faulkner, R Marsh +, M Marshall, W Hall, M Hughes, B O'Reilly
    Alphabetical Draft (2011) S Watson, G Kirsten, D Bradman (c), K Sangakkara +, C Cowdrey, K Pietersen, A Flintoff, M Marshall, B O'Reilly, F Trueman, T Alderman
    The Eras Draft (2014) V Trumper, A Morris, N Harvey, J Kallis, S McCabe, F Woolley, Imran Khan (c), J Dujon +, J Briggs, D Steyn, J Snow

Too late KK but Ambrose and Murali are through regardless. Please look at my other post and select the player to fill that fourth bowling spot. It can be a new ball bowler, a bowling all rounder, spinner, quick - whatever.

The choice is yours Jager. Obviously Knott could bat at 6 and you go with Miller and another bowler (batting too weak IMO) or you could play Miller at 8, Hadlee 9 so it wouldn't look too bad.

There are countless options here, but I would probably go whoever is the best bowler available for this pick and if he's not very good at batting, I would pick the best batsman for the number 6 spot.
    Last edited by NUFAN; 30-04-2012 at 01:12 AM.

Alright, so in this round we can basically just choose any two players and then we'll fit them into the side, but the general idea is that we absolutely need one extra bowler and then the next pick can be whatever we see fit?

International Captain kingkallis's Avatar
    See we have Hadlee, Ambrose, Murali so I'd pick Wasim Akram as my No.9

My vote for Sydney Barnes, in that case.
    RIP Phil Hughes. Forever 63*

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Alright, so in this round we can basically just choose any two players and then we'll fit them into the side, but the general idea is that we absolutely need one extra bowler and then the next pick can be whatever we see fit?
    Choose one player a bowler this round. We find out who has the most votes and then tomorrow we fill the last remaining spot. At this stage the last remaining spot is listed to come in at 6, while this spot does have to be a bowler of some sort.

Alright, for sure. I'll pick Keith Miller now because he's the finest bowling all-rounder that we have available. Perfectly suited to bowling at first change, plus he adds great depth to our batting order seeing as he was good enough to bat at 3 for Australia when asked (he spent most of his time at 5, I believe).
    Last edited by Jager; 30-04-2012 at 01:29 AM.

We have Gilchrist at 7 in the World XI and Knott at 7 for the A team.
    The first team already has an advantage in the batting department that would only be strengthened if we played Miller at 6 in the A team. Miller and Knott are vastly inferior as batsmen to Sobers and Gilchrist. IMO we need a batsman/Kallis at 6 here and a bowler/bowling all-rounder at 9.

I can't decide whether to vote Miller or Barnes at 9.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Wasim Akram

Have moved away from my prior selection of Trueman, as I think Akram suits the make-up of the side a little better. Left armer, providing some rough for Murali to work into, and better suited to batting at 9, plus he still provides the wicket-taking, aggressive bowling that would complement Ambrose and Hadlee very well.

I want Miller in this team so I'll vote for him now, even though I'd generally vote to bat him at 6.
    Member of the Twenty20 is Boring Society

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    C'mon Man U.
    RIP Craigos

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    The first team already has an advantage in the batting department that would only be strengthened if we played Miller at 6 in the A team. Miller and Knott are vastly inferior as batsmen to Sobers and Gilchrist. IMO we need a batsman/Kallis at 6 here and a bowler/bowling all-rounder at 9.

Akram for number 9.

I'm thinking Kallis for number 6 in the next vote.

Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post

That's what I was getting at. I chose Miller here so the batting lineup is far stronger and then we can pick Kallis at 6. When we rearrange the batting lineup, Miller will surely bat at 7 and knock Knott back to 8.

Kallis is an interesting one as I think you could kind of build your World B (or ideally World C) team around him, while I think he'll look out of place in this lineup especially at number 6. He's not good enough to make one of the other 3 middle order batsman move down either. I guess that's a debate more for tomorrow and it will depend on who gets selected this round.
    Last edited by NUFAN; 30-04-2012 at 02:14 AM.

Page 10 of 129 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread Information